Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fell Walker
    • By Fell Walker 12th Jul 18, 9:24 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Fell Walker
    Admiral failed to reset my NCB after claim
    • 12th Jul 18, 9:24 AM
    Admiral failed to reset my NCB after claim 12th Jul 18 at 9:24 AM
    Hi all
    New to the forum and looking for some advice. I have car insurance with Admiral for several years. I had an accident (my fault) in May 2017 and made a claim via Admiral.
    At renewal time in July 2017 I spoke to Admiral customer services for renewal. The representative asked me if I had made any claims in the last 12 months, and as far as I can remember I said, "only the one you already know about" - because I assumed he would have that information! I don't remember how much detail he asked about the claim, but I gave him all the information he asked for.
    The renewal offer in July 2017 still included my full 13 years NCB, I assumed that maybe the claim hadn't finished being processed, and assumed that I'd see a big hike in premium for 2018.
    But I've just received my renewal notice for 2018 and it is now saying I have 14 years NCB. As far as I know I have never requested NCB protection, so it looks like the claims department is not communicating with the renewals department.
    So my question is: is it my responsibility to point out that their NCB data is wrong, despite having mentioned the claim to them at last year's renewal time?
    Many thanks for your advice
    FW
Page 1
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 12th Jul 18, 9:33 AM
    • 11,589 Posts
    • 8,374 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 12th Jul 18, 9:33 AM
    • 12th Jul 18, 9:33 AM
    I would definitely check that you haven't got protected no claims because without it you may find your NCD dropping considerably. I'm not sure how Admiral do it but you could end up with it dropping to 3 years. It is odd that you had a year added for the period you had a claim.

Personally I wouldn't bother informing them, as long as you continue to declare this accident/fault claim on renewal.
    • Joe Horner
    • By Joe Horner 12th Jul 18, 11:19 AM
    • 4,498 Posts
    • 3,976 Thanks
    Joe Horner
    • 12th Jul 18, 11:19 AM
    • 12th Jul 18, 11:19 AM
    It's quite likely that, even if you haven't requested NCD protection, they've quietly added it on at some point where you forgot to specifically refuse it. They can be sneaky like that....
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jul 18, 2:11 PM
    • 37,252 Posts
    • 21,407 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jul 18, 2:11 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 2:11 PM
    Check your policy docs to see if the claim is shown amongst your history.

If it is no probs!

If not shown in your claim history then tell them immediately!
    • GunJack
    • By GunJack 12th Jul 18, 3:10 PM
    • 10,346 Posts
    • 7,750 Thanks
    GunJack
    • 12th Jul 18, 3:10 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 3:10 PM
    They only charge 10-ish, maybe less, for NCB protection so it may well be on the policy even if you didn't notice. If it is, and you don't remember asking for it, they've done you a massive favour
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

63Posts Today

2,528Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin