Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Judithk
    • By Judithk 12th Jul 18, 7:30 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Judithk
    Roofing repairs
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:30 AM
    Roofing repairs 12th Jul 18 at 7:30 AM
    Hi, Ive been quoted 650 for my chimney stack to be repaired. It needs new lead and reprinting in places. I live in a terraced house and the lead needed would be about a metre or so. Then it needs repainted and capping off. I thought the price a bit much.
Page 1
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 12th Jul 18, 7:36 AM
    • 3,065 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:36 AM
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:36 AM
    Get another couple of quotes
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • maisie cat
    • By maisie cat 12th Jul 18, 8:17 AM
    • 539 Posts
    • 643 Thanks
    maisie cat
    • 12th Jul 18, 8:17 AM
    • 12th Jul 18, 8:17 AM
    I paid 160 a few weeks ago for chimney repointing although I already had a tower up for access.
    The thing that tends to push up the price of roof repairs & other high work is scaffolding, does the quote include that as well?
    • Judithemy
    • By Judithemy 12th Jul 18, 9:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Judithemy
    • 12th Jul 18, 9:56 AM
    • 12th Jul 18, 9:56 AM
    Hi, I assume it includes scaffolding but even so...
    • docmatt
    • By docmatt 12th Jul 18, 6:51 PM
    • 885 Posts
    • 456 Thanks
    docmatt
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:51 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:51 PM
    Can you take a picture from the ground.
    • ratrace
    • By ratrace 13th Jul 18, 8:59 PM
    • 608 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    ratrace
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:59 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:59 PM
    if you can do the work your self ie: diy type person you could hire a cherry picker for a day i thinks its about 150 with the chap who owns it and buy the things you need to do the job, ask a mate or a relative to give you a hand and get it done

if you cant then im afriad you will have to get a few quotes and just get it done

Last edited by ratrace; 13-07-2018 at 9:07 PM.
    People are caught up in an egotistic artificial rat race to display a false image to society. We want the biggest house, fanciest car, and we don't mind paying the sky high mortgage to put up that show. We sacrifice our biggest assets our health and time, We feel happy when we see people look up to us and see how successful we are

Rat Race
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,606Posts Today

8,469Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin