Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stemcgoo
    • By stemcgoo 12th Jul 18, 6:51 AM
    • 84Posts
    • 234Thanks
    stemcgoo
    Warning to topcashback users
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:51 AM
    Warning to topcashback users 12th Jul 18 at 6:51 AM
    Warning to all potential TopCashBack users, go to Quidco instead. Iíve had payouts from Quidco totalling over £300 this month relating to large claims for holidays and such.
    TopCashBack however are absolutely useless, take no responsibility and do not respect their contractual obligations. Nearly two years for one claim here and 6 months the other.

Page 1
    • reason2
    • By reason2 12th Jul 18, 11:50 AM
    • 322 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    reason2
    • 12th Jul 18, 11:50 AM
    • 12th Jul 18, 11:50 AM
    ive been paid out over £1,150 by topcashback,, its more likely you didnt follow the requirements to the letter.
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 12th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    • 2,444 Posts
    • 8,828 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 12th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    • 12th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    Yup my total CB paid into my account now stands at £2212.57.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydioín ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.

• camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 12th Jul 18, 2:11 PM
    • 881 Posts
    • 1,348 Thanks
    camelot1971
    • 12th Jul 18, 2:11 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 2:11 PM
    i'm currently on £2258.85. But then, like most people, I know how to use Topcashback......
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 12th Jul 18, 9:25 PM
    • 8,991 Posts
    • 6,723 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 12th Jul 18, 9:25 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 9:25 PM
    I suspect you misunderstand what you consider to be Topcashback's 'contractual obligations' which are to pass on to you the sums they receive. Ie if they don't receive anything there's nothing to give you.

I've had the same issue from Quidco in the past. Some retailers are better than others
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th Jul 18, 10:22 PM
    • 32,543 Posts
    • 20,476 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 12th Jul 18, 10:22 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 10:22 PM
    No issue with Top cashback from me.
    • adandem
    • By adandem 14th Jul 18, 6:10 PM
    • 3,512 Posts
    • 4,747 Thanks
    adandem
    • 14th Jul 18, 6:10 PM
    • 14th Jul 18, 6:10 PM
    I used TCB for years, had issues last year and the customer service was abysmal. I used the site correctly etc. Gone back to Quidco now.
    • Les79
    • By Les79 14th Jul 18, 10:22 PM
    • 434 Posts
    • 530 Thanks
    Les79
    • 14th Jul 18, 10:22 PM
    • 14th Jul 18, 10:22 PM
    I'm on the verge of being rejected for cashback with TopCashBack (TCB) with a holiday company.

My TCB account states that I clicked through @ 13:00 and the holiday confirmation was emailed to me @ 13:17. So I used the link and booked immediately. Nothing in after 2 weeks so put in a claim.

This was all booked about 8 months ago and the holiday was about 2 weeks ago (so it has been and gone!). My first response was about a week after getting back from holiday.

It isn't megabucks, and I only have about £10 on my TCB account, so I am considering just getting rid of TCB to be honest. The hassle it has caused chasing "cashback" I am apparently "owed" has been more stressful than it would have been to simply remain oblivious about such cashback schemes!
    • stemcgoo
    • By stemcgoo 15th Jul 18, 7:25 AM
    • 84 Posts
    • 234 Thanks
    stemcgoo
    • 15th Jul 18, 7:25 AM
    • 15th Jul 18, 7:25 AM
    i'm currently on £2258.85. But then, like most people, I know how to use Topcashback......
    Originally posted by camelot1971
    Iím sorry, but where did i infer I donít know how to use topcashback correctly to get cashback? I have no problem recovering my cashback for smaller retail purchases, or indeed thousands of pounds of purchases with other referral sites, however time and again TCB are terrible with larger sums usually on holidays. As others have now also pointed out it seems to be a theme.
    • stemcgoo
    • By stemcgoo 15th Jul 18, 7:27 AM
    • 84 Posts
    • 234 Thanks
    stemcgoo
    I suspect you misunderstand what you consider to be Topcashback's 'contractual obligations' which are to pass on to you the sums they receive. Ie if they don't receive anything there's nothing to give you.

I've had the same issue from Quidco in the past. Some retailers are better than others
    Originally posted by pmduk
    I think you probably underestimate TCBs ability to play the system. Do you really think after nearly two years they have pushed the retailer enough? They have the tracked claim but just have not approved it and all the while i as the customer am left thoroughly underwhelmed by their poor customer service and their inability to resolve this.
    As for retailers being at fault then why has the same retailer confirmed and paid out for holiday booking i made instead via quidco? No problem, no chasing. TCB are useless.
    Last edited by stemcgoo; 15-07-2018 at 7:32 AM. Reason: Add photo
    • Crazybunnehlady
    • By Crazybunnehlady 15th Jul 18, 10:46 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Crazybunnehlady
    No problem with top cashback here either.
    Quidco on the other hand.. Oh and no need to show off all your foreign holidays
    • elsien
    • By elsien 15th Jul 18, 10:51 AM
    • 17,123 Posts
    • 43,154 Thanks
    elsien
    Of course you have to be spending the money to get the cashback in the first place. I spend very little online so the amount of cashback is generally equally small. I just check the rates for both and go with whiever offers the better deal on the day.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 15th Jul 18, 10:55 AM
    • 5,169 Posts
    • 3,730 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    I have had no problems with them.

Cashback is not guaranteed though
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 15th Jul 18, 11:05 AM
    • 3,990 Posts
    • 6,857 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    OH had a problem with them a couple of years ago with them not paying out on I think it was £40 for car recovery with green flag and I've been waiting for a payout since November, only for a tiny amount, but the purchase has been confirmed by the retailer (Simply Games, who are on the faster payout list)but just not paid. When I raised a support ticket TCB just said I have to wait. I understand that TCB don't have to give me the money until they get it but I've been chasing updates once a month and they have sent the same stock reply every time. All they need to do is contact the retailer and it will probably be sorted quickly but they won't even chase it up.
    • Money_Grabber13579
    • By Money_Grabber13579 16th Jul 18, 12:20 AM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Money_Grabber13579
    The only problem which I have had with TCB which I haven!!!8217;t been able to reach a resolution for as yet, is when I made a purchase from Microsoft, they paid out £10 rather than the £40 which was offered at the time. TCB have been utterly useless in respect of this and whilst it is a waste of my time, I am continuing to pester them (I have a perverse sense of enjoyment in ensuring that if they TCB or the retailer aren!!!8217;t going to make good on their cash back offers, I may as well make sure they pay for it in terms of their staff costs in dealing with my correspondence!)
    Northern Ireland club member No 382
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

62Posts Today

2,650Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin