Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • madmc
    • By madmc 11th Jul 18, 10:17 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 5Thanks
    madmc
    Advise needed to fight a non-POFA unscrupulous PCN !
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:17 PM
    Advise needed to fight a non-POFA unscrupulous PCN ! 11th Jul 18 at 10:17 PM
    Received a Parking Charge Notice from a company called Select Parking (Select Security Ltd. t/a Select Parking, company no 10706428)

1. Parking Charge - Date and Time of Issue: 20th April.
    2. Date PCN received: 11th July (date posted 9th July)
    3. PCN received 81 days (!) after the alleged breach by post.
    4. Name & address of the site: A set of industrial units in Langley SL3. But, this is NOT where the car was actually parked. The car was parked away from the industrial units on unmarked & unsigned space by the main road which is not part of any industrial unit. There was NO signage indicate parking restriction in place on the day of parking .
    5. No evidence of parking breach provided (No ANPR images, pictures, no time stamps etc). Does not say how the breach was recorded. No mention of APNR. No windscreen ticket.
    6. There is no information of what time the breach occurred. Period of Parking- from N/A, To N/A

Select Parking is notoriously known for unscrupulous practices. Confident they will reject any appeals and refer to IAS which as we understand is a complete waste of time.

How do we fight this please?
Page 1
    • madmc
    • By madmc 11th Jul 18, 10:19 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    madmc
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:19 PM
    Have another concern about the same company planting signs after parking. I'm not allowed to post links. If interested please follow

forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=120979
    • soolin
    • By soolin 11th Jul 18, 10:19 PM
    • 60,583 Posts
    • 43,197 Thanks
    soolin
    Start by reading the newbies sticky thread, that will point you in the right direction.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 10:20 PM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,590 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:20 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:20 PM
    Well, as they are such small fry, you might like to take this one (rare I say this!) to the IAS after all and test them. Can the keeper provide the kangaroo court of IAS with proof of where they were, to establish on the balance of probabilities that they cannot possibly have been driving because they were elsewhere?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• madmc
    • By madmc 11th Jul 18, 10:23 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    madmc
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:23 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:23 PM
    Absolutely, the RK was 25 miles away from the place of alleged incident taking the DD to swimming lessons

Cant believe how unscrupulous these guys can be !!!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jul 18, 10:24 PM
    • 18,344 Posts
    • 29,028 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:24 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:24 PM
    Why not send them a SAR-bomb so they know they're into this up to their necks. Play with fire, get burned by fire! It will take them days to deal with it - and they have to by law!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849784
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • madmc
    • By madmc 11th Jul 18, 10:29 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    madmc
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:29 PM
    Will happily do everything I can so that no others go through the pain of dealing with these cowboys.

I've read the sticky and confident of dealing with POPLA members such as PE. These IPC affiliated cowboys seem to just ignore PoFA rules and harass everyone while scratching each others back with so called independent appeals procedure which is anything but.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 10:29 PM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,590 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Absolutely, the RK was 25 miles away from the place of alleged incident taking the DD to swimming lessons
    Originally posted by madmc
    The only way to prove that would be:

- a witness statement from the swimming baths swimming trainer who saw you

or

- if you have a Smart Phone that's recorded your Google location?

I can't stress enough, on the odd occasion an IAS appeal is worth trying, you MUST prove absolutely everything, to the nth degree (and still might lose, but so what, no-one would pay anyway!).
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• madmc
    • By madmc 11th Jul 18, 10:37 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    madmc
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:37 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:37 PM
    Will ask the swimming trainer if they can provide us with evidence that DD attended lessons on that day. Guess this will be RK's defense?

Also, the PCN does not state a time of breach, nor provides any photo evidence with time stamps. The reason they mention the industrial units as alleged place of parking is because that place is clearly sign posted not to park (how nice of them to chose a place in their favour ) whereas the car was actually parked far away in an unsigned place out of the industrial estate.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 10:59 PM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,590 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Will ask the swimming trainer if they can provide us with evidence that DD attended lessons on that day. Guess this will be RK's defense?
    No you are missing the point. This is straightforward, it is YOU who you have to place; they won't care where a child was, obviously anyone could have taken a child to swimming practice.

I said 'from the swimming trainer WHO SAW YOU'.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Jul 18, 11:14 PM
    • 7,769 Posts
    • 10,353 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I agree with coupon-mad

"Can the keeper provide the kangaroo court of IAS with proof of where they were, to establish on the balance of probabilities that they cannot possibly have been driving because they were elsewhere?"

Let's see what the IAS says. Will they agree or reject
    whereby they can set in motion the incompetent
    Gladstones solicitors to continue the scam

Love to be a fly on the wall in the offices of the IAS/Gladstones
    or should I say a fly jumping from one desk to another
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 11:18 PM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,590 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Not going to happen, if the OP thinks proving where they were, is showing where someone completely different (who isn't old enough to drive, and is irrelevant to the case) was!

I said this and I meant it:

I can't stress enough, on the odd occasion an IAS appeal is worth trying, you MUST prove absolutely everything, to the nth degree
    ...not say, ''here's where someone else was''.

• madmc
    • By madmc 12th Jul 18, 7:57 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    madmc
    Sorry, misunderstood.

Will ask the trainer if they can give a statement. DD goes swimming every Friday and always taken by RK however this now over 80 days old and there is a chance the trainer may not remember what exactly was the case on 20th April and may not happy to give a written statement. But, will ask today.

Guess the non-POFA claims are deliberately delayed to muddy the waters?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 12th Jul 18, 9:50 AM
    • 2,815 Posts
    • 1,705 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Here is your live link: -
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=120979
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Jul 18, 1:55 PM
    • 8,000 Posts
    • 7,866 Thanks
    KeithP
    Sorry, misunderstood.

Will ask the trainer if they can give a statement. DD goes swimming every Friday and always taken by RK however this now over 80 days old and there is a chance the trainer may not remember what exactly was the case on 20th April and may not happy to give a written statement. But, will ask today.

Guess the non-POFA claims are deliberately delayed to muddy the waters?
    Originally posted by madmc
    Why not type out the statement for the trainer?

So he/she has to do nothing more than sign it.
    Last edited by KeithP; 14-07-2018 at 1:05 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 18, 2:22 PM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,590 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Good idea, I would do that. Make sure it has the date and time of the class that day, and your name, confirming she saw you and you stayed with DD as she attended her class.

• madmc
    • By madmc 12th Jul 18, 5:13 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    madmc
    Thank you both

In the mean time, I'll prepare my first appeal to Select Cowboys along the following lines

1. Keeper wont identify driver because the PCN fails to comply with POFA 2012, viz. 9(2)f - no keeper liability, 9(4) not delivered on time
    2. PCN has no evidence of parking in stated place. No images, no arrival time, no departure time, no info on duration of parking etc (simply stating N/A is unacceptable). Either provide requested evidence or shut up & go away

Anything else I'd add in the first appeal? Its very likely they'll reject but want to make the defense watertight from day 1.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 18, 11:57 PM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,590 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That the keeper was not the driver and is getting evidence to prove that, for IAS stage.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Jul 18, 9:30 AM
    • 9,691 Posts
    • 9,525 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • madmc
    • By madmc 13th Jul 18, 10:20 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    madmc
    Thank you

Will complain to my MP about this. I'm also preparing a complaint to Trading Standards about the same company planting signs after parking and taking pictures. I caught them in the act a month ago
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

600Posts Today

6,109Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin