Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Newbie83
    • By Newbie83 11th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Newbie83
    Online mortgages
    • 11th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    Online mortgages 11th Jul 18 at 4:37 PM
    Hi, I our mortgage rate is up on a couple of months and I want to switch to a new provider as they are offering better rates than our current provider. I work in banking and I am comfortable choosing a mortgage product without advice. Are there any companies that you can apply for the mortgage completely online without having to speak to someone for 2 hours. The last time I applied I had to let them know whether I planned to send my 2 year old to university??? I would preferably like to avoid this lengthy call and complete all online at my leisure.

Does anyone know of any lenders that do it all online? We are also thinking of getting additional borrowing. In these circumstances would we need to speak to someone if we want additional borrowing?

Thanks for your help
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 11th Jul 18, 5:18 PM
    • 17,820 Posts
    • 9,605 Thanks
    ACG
    • 11th Jul 18, 5:18 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 5:18 PM
    Haha, I think that is the questioning you will get if you go directly to a bank. Brokers would not ask about that.

There are brokers online which claim to be automated, but I do not think for one minute there is not a human element to some extent.

You will struggle to get non advised mortgages now a days. You could try a fee free Mortgage broker? If everything is plain and simple and you know what you want, I am sure they will look at the market and then compare the 2?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • deuteronomy
    • By deuteronomy 11th Jul 18, 5:41 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    deuteronomy
    • 11th Jul 18, 5:41 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 5:41 PM
    I used First Direct and did it all online, no silly sales pressure and all it took after filling all the forms was an hourish phonecall, I even uploaded all my documentation by taking photos on my phone, so easy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

1,820Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin