Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beverley1471
    • By beverley1471 11th Jul 18, 4:22 PM
    • 128Posts
    • 126Thanks
    beverley1471
    Passport delivered to my address
    • 11th Jul 18, 4:22 PM
    Passport delivered to my address 11th Jul 18 at 4:22 PM
    Someone on my street has arranged to have their passport delivered to my address, I donít know them and they didnít ask me. Their house number couldnít be written wrongly to look like mine, so it must have been deliberately. By the time they knocked on my door and asked for it, I had already put it back in the postbox with Ďnot at this addressí written on the back. But I thought it was a really rude thing to do, I tried to ask them why but they just laughed and walked away.

I canít work out why someone would do this, and if it is redelivered to my address, should I give it to them or refuse? I donít receive any other letters for them, so itís not a ongoing thing or something I have had previously.
Page 2
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 12th Jul 18, 8:38 AM
    • 10,092 Posts
    • 125,229 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Report the person and his / her address to HMRC as well, it won't hurt they can check the business is legit.
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky is back on!
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 12th Jul 18, 9:04 AM
    • 25,110 Posts
    • 65,726 Thanks
    pollypenny
    A delivery could be in error, but not if the holder went off laughing.

Very suspicious. Report him to passport office and police.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • beverley1471
    • By beverley1471 12th Jul 18, 9:36 AM
    • 128 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    beverley1471
    Well I phoned passport office and they weren!!!8217;t interested, and said they could give me no advice. I tried to ask if they could make a note that he gave my address, and I didn!!!8217;t want it delivered here again and they said that wasn!!!8217;t possible. They werent interested in his name, or who he was at all. They just said as I returned it in the post, he would have to contact them so I assume he won!!!8217;t be silly enough to use my address again.

I!!!8217;ll forget about it, and possibly confront him if it arrives at my address again!
    • Paul_DNAP
    • By Paul_DNAP 12th Jul 18, 9:48 AM
    • 294 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    Paul_DNAP
    Wow, that is amazing, I would have thought they would be slightly interested in someone trying obtain identification documents using a fraudulent name and address.
    I might be worth following up with a letter to their admin or complaints department saying "I just want it on record that if this fraudulent passport is used for any illegal activities that I made a serious attempt to inform you of this situation, and I will use a copy of this letter in my defence should your incompetence lead me to be unwillingly entangled in whatever it is that is going on with this crook"
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
    • MrsStepford
    • By MrsStepford 12th Jul 18, 12:31 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    MrsStepford
    Something dodgy going on. I would report to Ho,me Office and police in case they try to say that you're involved.

There's a small block of 6 flats at the bottom of my road. A woman in Flat 8 Acacia House, Acacia Avenue deliberately puts 8 Acacia Avenue instead. I got fed up with readdressing her post with correct postcode, now we just shove it back at courier/ut in postbox return to sender.

Husband came round started having a go at Mr Stepford. Before his karate moves came out I handed bloke his correct address and postcode and told him politely to go away. His wife is still using our address so I'm still sending stuff back to senders.
    • Quasar
    • By Quasar 12th Jul 18, 1:45 PM
    • 114,204 Posts
    • 235,120 Thanks
    Quasar
    Its not that I dont care, just realistic that there isnt really much for the police to really investigate, or anyone else for that matter. And I posted as I am worried about someone potentially using my address, and the reasons why.

Not sure how you reached the other conclusion? I volunteer lots in my local area and do lots of little jobs for my elderly neighbors.
    Originally posted by beverley1471
    If you do tell the police, which you should, at least you will have covered your back if the dodginess of this situation leads back to your door. Suppose at some point fake passports are traced during an investigation and they are seen to be delivered to you, assuming it happens again?

It doesn't matter if the police aren't going to do anything (I doubt they wouldn't but still), you need to try to try to clarify your position for future peace of mind.

EDIT - seen your previous post. I'm stunned that the passport office aren't interested. Still, keep a record of your call.
    No wonder the UK hasn't got a clue as to how many are here on false pretenses.
    Last edited by Quasar; 12-07-2018 at 1:48 PM.
    Bread is like the sun: it rises in the yeast and sets in the waist.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 13th Jul 18, 10:22 PM
    • 7,923 Posts
    • 14,285 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Only thing I could think of the guy hand filled in the form and his numbers are badly written down. 1 for 7, 0 for 9 - if he wrote the round thing of the 9 too big etc.

Not had a new passport since 2011 and remember there was a sheet of paper attached to the passport with address on it,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

55Posts Today

2,574Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin