Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • anar
    • By anar 11th Jul 18, 4:14 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 3Thanks
    anar
    PCN by Euro Car Parks
    • 11th Jul 18, 4:14 PM
    PCN by Euro Car Parks 11th Jul 18 at 4:14 PM
    Hello, guys!
    I read the newbies tread and many others but I still have some doubts about what to do.
    Basically, I received a Parking Charge Notice from Euro Car Parks by post last week.
    They say that needs to pay them 90 (50 if I pay within 14 days).
    Also, the park doesn't have payment machines so no one can't pay for stay there.
    Should I make an appeal through their website?

Please, help.

Thank you
    Last edited by anar; 11-07-2018 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Too much information
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 11th Jul 18, 4:39 PM
    • 3,113 Posts
    • 4,757 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 11th Jul 18, 4:39 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 4:39 PM
    You need to get clued up about private parking tickets as you are a bit off the mark.
    Start by reading the newbies thread on page one of this forum, then come back.

The driver has been caught it seems by anpr that's why there was no ticket on the car.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Jul 18, 4:41 PM
    • 37,027 Posts
    • 83,647 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 11th Jul 18, 4:41 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 4:41 PM
    First of all, edit your post to remove information about who did what and who went shopping.
    Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.
    The NEWBIES tells you this so you need to go back and read it again so you understand it better, but edit your post first.

The advice to ignore has not been given here since the law changed in 2012.

Next, send the appeal template from The Keeper that you will find in the NEWBIES. Once you have done that you will need to read the NEWBIES further to find out what to do if/when the initial appeal is rejected.

Do not pay, do not ignore, do not reveal who was driving. Complain to the managers of the stores that The Keeper visited.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 11-07-2018 at 4:50 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • anar
    • By anar 11th Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    anar
    • 11th Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    Well, I read the tread but still I don't know what I can do. Should I appeal? Should I ignore?
    What kind of arguments can I use in this specific case?

Thanks
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Jul 18, 4:50 PM
    • 37,027 Posts
    • 83,647 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 11th Jul 18, 4:50 PM
    You need to edit your post like I already told you before you do anything, then appeal like I told you. I also told you not to ignore it.

The NEWBIES tells you all of these things.

Edit your post NOW.
    I don't have a sister.

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Jul 18, 4:50 PM
    • 8,089 Posts
    • 7,963 Thanks
    KeithP
    You don't nee any arguments at this time.

When you read the first post on the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, surely you saw a blue text template appeal headed "Template appeal for BPA or IPC members - copy this wording into the online appeal box:"

What could be simpler?

Which bit of Fruitcake's post didn't you understand:
    Next, send the appeal template from The Keeper that you will find in the NEWBIES.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Last edited by KeithP; 11-07-2018 at 4:53 PM.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 11th Jul 18, 4:52 PM
    • 3,672 Posts
    • 4,832 Thanks
    waamo
    • 11th Jul 18, 4:52 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 4:52 PM
    Well, I read the tread but still I don't know what I can do. Should I appeal? Should I ignore?
    What kind of arguments can I use in this specific case?

Thanks
    Originally posted by anar
    There is a template for you to use in post 1 of the Newbies thread. Have you read the right thread?
    This space for hire.
    • anar
    • By anar 11th Jul 18, 6:16 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    anar
    • 11th Jul 18, 6:16 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 6:16 PM
    Thank you guys for your comments and help.
    I will just copy and send them this:
    "Re PCN number:

I appeal and dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn, nor was there an agreed contract. Your signage terms fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence of the parking charge, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis, which is fully distinguished.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN, I require with your rejection letter, all images taken of this vehicle & the signs at the location that day. Do not withhold any images or data later relied on for POPLA/court.

Firms of your ilk were unanimously condemned in 2018 as operating an 'outrageous scam' (Hansard 2.2.18). The BPA & IPC were heavily criticised too; hardly surprising for an industry where so-called AOS members admit to letting victims 'futilely go through the motions' of appeal and say on camera 'we make it up sometimes' (BBC Watchdog).

I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner, as well as complaining in writing to my MP and ensuring that they are appraised of the debate where Parliament agreed unanimously: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists...should not have to put up with this''.

Formal note:

Service of any rejection letter/POPLA code and/or legal documents by email is expressly disallowed. All responses to me from this point on, must be made by post. Regardless of any MCOL online/email system, service of any court claim must only be made by first class post to the latest address provided by me.

Yours faithfully,

I will just add the info that I have a receipt from the shop and that I had the blue badge in the screen and that the park doesn't have payment machines for the ones who want to stay longer than 3h.

Is that ok?!

Thanks
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Jul 18, 6:30 PM
    • 37,027 Posts
    • 83,647 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 11th Jul 18, 6:30 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 6:30 PM
    You still haven't edited your post like I told you to. Parking scammers monitor these fora and can use your posts as evidence against you.

Why do you want to alter the template that has been specifically written for you to copy and paste exactly as it is?
    I don't have a sister.

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Jul 18, 10:23 PM
    • 8,089 Posts
    • 7,963 Thanks
    KeithP
    I will just add the info that I have a receipt from the shop and that I had the blue badge in the screen and that the park doesn't have payment machines for the ones who want to stay longer than 3h.
    One of the reason it is suggested not to add anything is because it is all to easy to imply who the driver is.

"I have a receipt from the shop" or "The driver has a receipt from the shop".

Be very careful.

But if you are not going to edit your opening post then that really doesn't matter.

The fact that there are no payment machines could be useful at a later stage but not at this time.
    Last edited by KeithP; 11-07-2018 at 10:58 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 10:57 PM
    • 59,555 Posts
    • 72,719 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OMG don't add ''I did this''... sigh...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• anar
    • By anar 11th Jul 18, 11:08 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    anar
    Thanks guys for your help!
    I will appeal and see what they say.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 11:09 PM
    • 59,555 Posts
    • 72,719 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    But you know what they will say - it will be a rejection letter & POPLA next, like all the zillions of other ECP threads exactly the same as this one.

While you wait, you need to read some so search the forum for Euro POPLA.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• anar
    • By anar 11th Jul 18, 11:37 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    anar
    I already sent the appeal, Coupon-mad.
    They will reject but will read everything like you said. At least, some proofs can be given and hopefully no one needs to pay anything.
    • anar
    • By anar 12th Jul 18, 12:12 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    anar
    By the way, the amount of money of the PCN increases during the process of appeal?

Thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 18, 12:14 AM
    • 59,555 Posts
    • 72,719 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No it doesn't.

Please don't type that it does... NO, it doesn't increase.

The PCN is ALWAYS 90. They just offer a bribe 'discount' to idiots...to stop them appealing.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 17-07-2018 at 12:12 AM.

• Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 12th Jul 18, 10:16 AM
    • 2,850 Posts
    • 1,742 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    I already sent the appeal,
    I hope you removed the last paragraph about receipts and blue badge - like you were advised - before you sent it.
    • anar
    • By anar 12th Jul 18, 10:33 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    anar
    Yes, I removed it. I just sent the appeal like it is in the Newbies thread.
    • anar
    • By anar 16th Jul 18, 12:00 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    anar
    Hello, guys!

Just a quick update... Asked in one of the stores if they could write something to help with this and they said there is nothing they can do at the moment. Euro Car Parks is the landowner and they aren't willing to accept to cancel these kind of fines.

Thanks
    • anar
    • By anar 16th Jul 18, 11:49 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    anar
    Hello, guys!

Can I ask you something? I already appealed for Euro Car Parks and I'm waiting for their answer. They will reject, as always, but after that they give again the chance of paying just 50 instead of 100 or once you don't pay within 14 days then you need to pay more?

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,205Posts Today

8,293Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: Worried about your finances? Or maybe you just want to know some tips and tricks for getting the best money-saving deals??

• About to start @thismorning talking about why everyone should check their mortgage rates and then may be able to sa? https://t.co/ulkdPb031h

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you / would you wear fur? Reports coming out today that even some fur labeled fake actual? https://t.co/QUh6P9TVgh

• Follow Martin