Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Boopster40
    • By Boopster40 11th Jul 18, 2:29 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Boopster40
    Remortgaging with current provider
    • 11th Jul 18, 2:29 PM
    Remortgaging with current provider 11th Jul 18 at 2:29 PM
    I'm due to remortgage my house and wondered if you can just get a new fixed rate from the existing provider ? Not good with phone calls
Page 1
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 11th Jul 18, 2:34 PM
    • 13,272 Posts
    • 19,099 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    • 11th Jul 18, 2:34 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 2:34 PM
    I'm due to remortgage my house and wondered if you can just get a new fixed rate from the existing provider ? Not good with phone calls
    Originally posted by Boopster40
    When I was coming to the end of my fixed rate with NatWest I had the option of changing to another product online so I didn't even have to phone anyone.

Alternatively you could use a broker to scout out a better rate for you and let them do all the leg work.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 11th Jul 18, 3:56 PM
    • 10,827 Posts
    • 4,312 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 11th Jul 18, 3:56 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 3:56 PM
    Who is your current Provider?

If the phone is not the right medium for you, some have online systems.

As Brokers we also handle these cases regularly online, so there is support out there.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • SensibleSarah
    • By SensibleSarah 12th Jul 18, 1:26 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 289 Thanks
    SensibleSarah
    • 12th Jul 18, 1:26 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 1:26 PM
    My provider sends me their retention products through the post a few months before each time my fixed deal is coming to an end. I had the lastest ones through the post last week and my current deal is up in October. All I have to do is sign and return a letter they sent with my choice of product - no phone call required. My provider is small and a bit old school though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

195Posts Today

2,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin