Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Galononim
    • By Galononim 11th Jul 18, 9:07 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Galononim
    Wrongly accused for fly tipping
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:07 AM
    Wrongly accused for fly tipping 11th Jul 18 at 9:07 AM
    Im new to this so appreciate any help and advice.

6 months ago got to a new property where majority of neighbours are leaving their rubbish just by the road, so you end up having a pile of bags on the collcetion day. Around 3 weeks ago some bags were not collected due to mix stuff and just left there (mix of all neighbours) Last week have gone for a holiday and day before departure went to recycling point to recycle whatever I had gathered just to ensure that we dont have anything left. Aftera week holiday came bavk and pile of thos bags that have been left by the road were tipped just in the front of our gate.

This was like 5 am as the late flight back took all bags and put it back in the old drop point by the road, same day someone must have move those further down the field and same day received a penalty charge under my address but for a different name/surname. Believe there must be a post/letter that we have dump in one of those bags 3 weeks before or neghbours received by mistake. ( there were like 6-7 see through bags so they must have open of them see the letter addressed and issued a fine to us instead of investigating further, cause surely that rubbish wasnt only ours)

No too sure Whether this was a good idea but my wife open the letter that was addressed (no stamp) under mr Ian (no one lives here with this name) and find out that this penalty was issued for a fly tipping.

Any idea whether we should worry about having this issued underouir address but under wrong name?
    Should be respond or ignore ?

Any help would be much appreciated
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 11th Jul 18, 9:20 AM
    • 6,085 Posts
    • 12,931 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:20 AM
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:20 AM
    Is it from the council?

Call them.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 11th Jul 18, 9:24 AM
    • 33,319 Posts
    • 39,289 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:24 AM
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:24 AM
    Your identical thread from yesterday

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74513766#post74513766
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 11th Jul 18, 9:32 AM
    • 1,170 Posts
    • 1,282 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:32 AM
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:32 AM
    The OP was told to start their own thread so they have
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 11th Jul 18, 9:43 AM
    • 33,319 Posts
    • 39,289 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:43 AM
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:43 AM
    The OP was told to start their own thread so they have
    Originally posted by bertiewhite
    Whoops , missed that

Apologies
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • letitbe90
    • By letitbe90 11th Jul 18, 9:56 AM
    • 72 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    letitbe90
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:56 AM
    • 11th Jul 18, 9:56 AM
    Whoops , missed that

Apologies
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    Too busy looking to attack people? Life not treating you well?
    • Galononim
    • By Galononim 11th Jul 18, 10:22 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Galononim
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:22 AM
    • 11th Jul 18, 10:22 AM
    Is it from the council?

Call them.
    Originally posted by marliepanda
    Yes it was council that issued ths FRN penalty charge. Looked at their website to see if you can appeal but you can't.

So I have to give a call to
    Explain that no one with this name lives at this address? And thats it?

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

130Posts Today

1,603Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin