Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 11th Jul 18, 3:11 AM
    • 1,512Posts
    • 16,368Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Old Style Daily Wednesday 11th July 2018
    • 11th Jul 18, 3:11 AM
    Old Style Daily Wednesday 11th July 2018 11th Jul 18 at 3:11 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Page 2
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 11th Jul 18, 12:10 PM
    • 792 Posts
    • 10,685 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Hello all from a cooler and overcast Welsh Wales .
    Mr Fix It is playing..... er using his power tools again, still titivating the outhouse doors. I am on weather watch apparently as there are some dark grey clouds on the horizon and he has tools all over the patio! Don't know if we will get any rain though, I wouldn't mind a drop, just to damp the dust ( and the sawdust ) down.
    I have hoovered through downstairs, changed the hoover filter and washed the dirty one and had a bit of a tidy round. I know it's not Friday but it was so messy that I couldn't wait .
    This afternoon I shall pick more blackcurrants if the rain holds off and maybe finish the ironing, while it's a tad cooler.
    Dad's coming for tea, we shall have the pork burgers we made yesterday and either wedgies or chips, there is some upside down cake for pudding.

Holly could we swap, some upside down cake for a scone, with cream and jam.
    Nelski now don't you be rushing around too much.
    TA and SilverOldie we are all guilty of feeling stupid at times and will probably do it again and again. Please do not beat yourselves up about it. We are all here to lend an ear, I'm sure.
    Gers I hope Mum is on the right road to recovery now.
    Right Mr Fix It is tidying up so I'm off to make lunch.
    BTW anyone seen the Sandman ? I think he's done a bunk because of the hot weather . He can't cope .... such a wimp !!
    Hugs all round today.
    PS Mehefin meant to say nice to see you and belated birthday wishes.
    Last edited by nannywindow; 11-07-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • Elona
    • By Elona 11th Jul 18, 12:26 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 2,610 Thanks
    Elona
    Dishwasher emptied and refilled and a wash load hung outside as well as five watering cans full used on front and back garden.

Just about to have an omelette and get changed ready to do a library stint this afternoon.

Older dd is spending the weekend with me as her husband has to be away and as she is only a few weeks away from her due date she does not want to be on her own.

An approved food delivery has just arrived and a sainsbob order has been made for tomorrow morning.

Hugs to all
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 11th Jul 18, 2:49 PM
    • 4,076 Posts
    • 28,806 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    Got back from Sainsbobs and Mr TA's haircut just before lunch, collecting the elusive missing Aymes Shakes from Boots en route. Mr TA was back in his usual place, snoring away on the sofa, within minutes. He is permanently tired these days. The least effort seems to exhaust him. It took me ages to squirrel all the shopping away. I would love endless fridge/freezer/cupboard space.

I gather some of you lucky people have had rain! I'd love to see a good downpour - preferably through the night and just enough to give the gardens a much needed soaking. Sadly none forecast for us.

Has everybody got their waistcoats on - a la Gareth Southgate - ready for tonight's excitement?! Oh I do hope our lads do well but I wish it wasn't against Croatia as I have had a soft spot for them since the 1998 world cup. Possibly something to do with the gorgeous Davor Suker who, despite being old enough to be his mother, I fantasied about all through the tournament! He was watching them play last week and I have to say that even 20 years on he is still rather dishy!

A bottle of wine is chilling in readiness but I don't usually need an excuse for a nice glass or two of Sauvignon Blanc anyway!

Enjoy the rest of your day folks whatever you are up to. xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • Gers
    • By Gers 11th Jul 18, 5:16 PM
    • 6,530 Posts
    • 41,812 Thanks
    Gers
    Afternoon!

There's better news from Gers Towers...DM is hugely improved since the UTI has been seen off. Today her heart rate is hovering between 88 and 117, fluctuating wildly and continuously, however medics are content and will send her home either tomorrow or Friday. They need to arrange patient transport as there are 12 steps up front the street to the close door and two half flights of 12 steps to her flat door.

The meds are now keeping the heart rate under some sort of control so the pacemaker is on the back burner for now. Thanks for the reassurance csarina, it all helps.

My lovely SisIL phoned me from Queensland yesterday, we just gabbled away for nearly an hour. (WhatsApp so free). It was such a joy to talk to her again, we've semi-arranged to meet up halfway again. We did this a few years ago in Dubai where we mostly sat by the pool drinking cocktails and gabbling on.

I've enjoyed reading about others and am pleased about all the mini success stories of the day. All the wee things add up!

I'll not be watching the footy but will be following the news online and quietly supporting 'the neighbours'. Rugby is more my bag!

Right, off to tidy up DM's kitchen. I hate washing dishes and she won't buy a dishwasher.
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 11th Jul 18, 5:33 PM
    • 1,690 Posts
    • 20,411 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Afternoon peeps.
    Belated birthday wishes for Mehefin, and Gers that's good news.

My OH is cooking but something meaty and I don't want it so I'll have an omelette or a mini risotto.

I was just about go do the ironing this morning and bam! power cut, whoopee a reprieve though I did do it in the end. In fact it was 2 short power cuts, each for about 39 ins or so, fortunately we'd just had a cup of tea and I had a shower, that's electric.

Who was it that said wine? I should like a nice cold glass, may pootle out and get some. If I can raise the energy. I've not much left now.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • RosyRed
    • By RosyRed 11th Jul 18, 6:25 PM
    • 1,777 Posts
    • 21,526 Thanks
    RosyRed
    Gers brilliant news about your DM

DH is just dropping both DS off at the pub to watch the match.I'm going to cosy up with DGS about quarter of an hour before kick off.I dont think he'll need many stories tonight,he looks shattered.He's all washed and in his pjs ready.All the nursery class were allowed to go in footie strips instead of their uniform today,his is white and now decidedly grubby!
    Hope those who are watching enjoy the match,fingers crossed.If not enjoy your evening xx
    'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 11th Jul 18, 6:31 PM
    • 16,071 Posts
    • 136,665 Thanks
    JackieO
    I am sitting her consoling myself after watching Federer get knocked out There was barely a inch between him and Anderson Great match though. So tonight the England match to watch shortly Round where I liver the mini rounderbouts seem to have sprouted big red crosses in paint over them almost overnight Betthe council aren't happy.I hope we do well but I also hope that there is no trouble from overindulgence by the fans In Chatham last week there was trouble from too much excitement and beer and a few silly men spolied it for the genuine fans who wanted to celebrate. Hopefully the best tam will win who ever that is (how diplomatic is that )
    Glad to hear your Mum hopefully is on the mend Gers.

Just going to have some dinner before watching the match

Fingers crossed our chaps do well

Cheers chums

JackieO xxx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus. 2018
    Half year totals = £166.19.This is for food only
    &/6/18 first food shop this month £13.48
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,035Posts Today

8,165Users online

Martin's Twitter