Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • itscominghome2018
    • By itscominghome2018 10th Jul 18, 9:34 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    itscominghome2018
    Do I chase again after telephone interview
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:34 PM
    Do I chase again after telephone interview 10th Jul 18 at 9:34 PM
    Hi all,

I had a telephone interview a few weeks ago which I thought went reasonably well. Asked the recruiter when I should expect to hear further, and he said he would be in touch after speaking with the hiring manager (but didn't specify a specific time frame). Just over a week and a half had passed so I chased last week, via e-mail, however, have received no response.

When do you think I should next chase again, or should I take this as a firm indication that I was unsuccessful for the role?

Many thanks for your time and help!
Page 1
    • lulu650
    • By lulu650 10th Jul 18, 11:07 PM
    • 924 Posts
    • 980 Thanks
    lulu650
    • 10th Jul 18, 11:07 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 11:07 PM
    They have made no effort to contact you despite you chasing them up. I'm sorry but you need to carry on looking. Best of luck
    Saving money right, left and centre
    • FBaby
    • By FBaby 11th Jul 18, 7:34 AM
    • 17,026 Posts
    • 41,947 Thanks
    FBaby
    • 11th Jul 18, 7:34 AM
    • 11th Jul 18, 7:34 AM
    They don't want you, but do you want to work for a company that can't even be bothered to contact applicants after interview? If they are so uncaring towards potential employees, they are likely to be so with current employees too. You had a lucky escape.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,114Posts Today

8,103Users online

Martin's Twitter