Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sunflowersuffolk
    • By sunflowersuffolk 10th Jul 18, 7:38 PM
    • 368Posts
    • 559Thanks
    sunflowersuffolk
    gmail can I deay sending an email or eml myself a reminder?
    • 10th Jul 18, 7:38 PM
    gmail can I deay sending an email or eml myself a reminder? 10th Jul 18 at 7:38 PM
    I'd appreciate any help please, I've just spent the last 2 hours looking at videos etc for an answer I can understand and implement. I am not good with technology, and like the videos showing me what to do, so I can pause often and rewind!!

I have gmail on my laptop and android, and I want to be able to email myself reminders for certain one off tasks, for several months ahead.

So I would compose the email now, and on outlook could have chosen for it to be sent to me on the date several months ahead.
    Or any other easy way I could do it please?

I have google calendar but often forget to look at it, so I really want an email to arrive on the required date and remind me. I'd also like option to get t to remind again in a few days.

From wat I've read there is no easy option, just hoping someone here may have a great easy answer for me. If not I may just go back to my Outlook. Thanks very much.
Page 1
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 10th Jul 18, 8:22 PM
    • 3,222 Posts
    • 2,284 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 10th Jul 18, 8:22 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 8:22 PM
    You can ask Google calendar to email you reminders.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • sunflowersuffolk
    • By sunflowersuffolk 10th Jul 18, 8:41 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    sunflowersuffolk
    • 10th Jul 18, 8:41 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 8:41 PM
    I can't find how to do this? I look at one video, it tells me to go places that aren't showing on my calendar?
    • stragglebod
    • By stragglebod 10th Jul 18, 8:46 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 221 Thanks
    stragglebod
    • 10th Jul 18, 8:46 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 8:46 PM
    If you're accessing it through the browser, click to create the appointment, click More Options. There's a little bell icon with a dropdown that lets you choose between a notification in the browser or an email.
    • sunflowersuffolk
    • By sunflowersuffolk 10th Jul 18, 8:53 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    sunflowersuffolk
    • 10th Jul 18, 8:53 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 8:53 PM
    I'm on laptop on windows 10, I click event, there is no bell or more options? thanks for trying to help me.
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 10th Jul 18, 9:00 PM
    • 22,976 Posts
    • 57,599 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:00 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:00 PM
    "More Options" is to the left of the Save button on the Event pop-up. Or at least it is when I use calendar in chrome.
    Mrs Marleyboy

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • sunflowersuffolk
    • By sunflowersuffolk 10th Jul 18, 9:42 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    sunflowersuffolk
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:42 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:42 PM
    No, that doesn't show on mine. I just have the save and close on top left, and next to it, the dustbin. No wonder I'm having trouble!! thanks for trying.
    • sunflowersuffolk
    • By sunflowersuffolk 10th Jul 18, 9:52 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    sunflowersuffolk
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:52 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:52 PM
    not sure how, I have set up an event on a todo calendar, , and can "Invite someone" ie my email. So hope this works. Sorry to be so useless, it is not user friendly (for me anyway) thanks for your help.
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 10th Jul 18, 10:25 PM
    • 3,222 Posts
    • 2,284 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 10th Jul 18, 10:25 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 10:25 PM
    What about on your phone? On mine if I enter a new event, after the date & time, then location, there is the reminder bell with the option to send an email reminder.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • alanjones60
    • By alanjones60 10th Jul 18, 10:31 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    alanjones60
    What i do,is schedule a text message 2 myself. Easy peasy
    • alanclarke
    • By alanclarke 10th Jul 18, 10:37 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    alanclarke
    You can use 'Email Scheduler' add-in in Google Sheets, details at https://www.labnol.org/internet/schedule-gmail-send-later/24867/ which also has a video tutorial. There is a premium version but I find the basic free version to be suitable.
    • VoucherMan
    • By VoucherMan 11th Jul 18, 7:14 AM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 5,002 Thanks
    VoucherMan
    101 ways to achieve the same result? I don't know if the OP has a satisfactory solution, but for what it's worth my method, using Google calendar on a PC:

1st click the apps icon (9 squares) at the top right of the screen, and select calendar. If it's not listed, click more, and look down the list for it.

Click on the date you want to be reminded about.
    This opens a pop-up to fill in, bottom right of screen.

Add a title, then click MORE OPTIONS.

On this screen you can add or amend more reminders, change it to a recurring (weekly, monthly etc) reminder.

Once you're happy with your choices, click save.

• sunflowersuffolk
    • By sunflowersuffolk 11th Jul 18, 2:40 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    sunflowersuffolk
    thank you all very much. I have sorted it I think, from google calendar, I have a 2nd calendar for "to do" and somehow I managed to set it up so it reminds me by gmail.

I will look at your suggestions too, as one may be easier. Much appreciate all the ideas.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,710Posts Today

9,363Users online

Martin's Twitter