Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MissMoneypenny
    • By MissMoneypenny 10th Jul 18, 6:52 PM
    • 5,184Posts
    • 8,426Thanks
    MissMoneypenny
    Motherboard problems?
    • 10th Jul 18, 6:52 PM
    Motherboard problems? 10th Jul 18 at 6:52 PM
    I have a self built desktop, that is well used but old. It is now at the stage where either-

1. The power source works but the screen flashes "no imput signal" on and off as the tower peeps as it keeps trying.

2. It starts to load, but only gets as far as "Memory Runs at Single Channel" or stops just before that; and then it freezes.

3. It works.

Is this a motherboard problem? Can it be sorted? Or is it time to build another PC?
    RENTING? Have you checked to see that your landlord has permission from their mortgage lender to rent the property? If not, you could be thrown out with very little notice.
    Read the sticky on the House Buying, Renting & Selling board.

Page 2
    • that
    • By that 11th Jul 18, 9:34 PM
    • 294 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    that
    If your PC is faulty, before you buy any parts please remember you can on ebay get an old Dell 7010 which probably will have 4gb memory and 50% more cpu speed for less than 100

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-E5200-vs-Intel-Core-i3-3240/m1599vsm2133
    • esuhl
    • By esuhl 12th Jul 18, 1:51 AM
    • 8,247 Posts
    • 6,043 Thanks
    esuhl
    I have that battery. Can I just put a new battery in? Without checking all that?
    Originally posted by MissMoneypenny

Put the new battery in regardless, but you'll need to check the BIOS settings afterwards, change them as appropriate, then save them and reboot.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,213Posts Today

8,363Users online

Martin's Twitter