Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • visceral
    • By visceral 10th Jul 18, 4:00 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    visceral
    Parking Charge Notice from England whilst living in Scotland
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:00 PM
    Parking Charge Notice from England whilst living in Scotland 10th Jul 18 at 4:00 PM
    Hello

I've read thew Newbies thread and not found a sufficient answer on this one. A vehicle registered to me entered a car park that had 2 hours free, and stayed for 2 hours 17 minutes. None of this was intentional as it was 2am and no signs were visible in the dark.

My question is, should i be appealing this or ignoring it? I live in Scotland and the "ticket" was issued in England.

Thank you
Page 1
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 10th Jul 18, 4:04 PM
    • 2,711 Posts
    • 4,709 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:04 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:04 PM
    My question is, should i be appealing this or ignoring it? I live in Scotland and the "ticket" was issued in England.
    Ignore is not the correct word to use. Waiting until you need to respond is a better way of looking at it.

The current wait period is 6 years or as explained earlier to someone else, you can do this

http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-hat.html
    About me: Capricorn. Likes: Tight defences, the tighter the better. Lucidity. Dislikes: Loquaciousness and magic words. WLTM: Someone with the facts, a private income and their own copy of the White Book.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 10th Jul 18, 4:10 PM
    • 1,505 Posts
    • 1,985 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:10 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:10 PM
    again , you are in scotland , any court case would have to be heard in scotland , and as you have no POFa they can only go after the driver , by ignoring them yu cannot accidentally "dob" someone init

most court cases inc the famous "20k one were when people blabbed and named names

expect MUCH junk mail , read letters and come back if they mention protection of freedom act

they can only chase 5 yrs in scotland
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,215Posts Today

9,576Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin