Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Adam-and-the-ants
    • By Adam-and-the-ants 10th Jul 18, 2:50 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Adam-and-the-ants
    Comments to 'evidence pack'?
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:50 PM
    Comments to 'evidence pack'? 10th Jul 18 at 2:50 PM
    Hello there, i am going through a dispute with ECP, of which i am at the stage where i have gone through the popla process, and their latest move was to provide me with an evidence pack of which i have 7 days to respond to with any comments.

Im not completly sure what i sure be writing as my 'comments back'. Everything i wanted to say, was in my lengthy popla appeal that i sent over on their appeals page. Should i just repeat everything that i have said in my original popla appeal?? Do i have to comment back? I mean what happens if i dont, will that hinder my case?

I just dont understand what i should be writing back to them, as i have already outlined everything in my original popla appeal.
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 10th Jul 18, 3:00 PM
    • 3,113 Posts
    • 4,757 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 10th Jul 18, 3:00 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 3:00 PM
    No you don't just reiterate your appeal, you go through their evidence pack and pull it apart.

For example, sometimes they show a plan of signage which is incorrect, or even of the wrong site. They may show signage that was photographed when installed but isn't there now. Are their timings correct are all their facts correct etc etc
    • Adam-and-the-ants
    • By Adam-and-the-ants 10th Jul 18, 3:35 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Adam-and-the-ants
    • 10th Jul 18, 3:35 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 3:35 PM
    Yes everything is correct from what i can see. Without going to the site (which is over an hours journey) to confirm all pictures are correct, from looking at google street view & maps, everything looks completely correct. As well as the signed contract of landowner authority
    The only grounds for comment i really feel i could make would be to do with the signage...the fact that the sign with the pcn 85, is not clear and is not in bold letters (similar to the beavis case).
    But i dont feel like that is much of an argument :-/
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Jul 18, 3:38 PM
    • 3,667 Posts
    • 4,826 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Jul 18, 3:38 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 3:38 PM
    Signage must be clear and prominent. I would certainly challenge it. It sounds like the signage fails Lord Dennings "Red hand rule".
    This space for hire.
    • Adam-and-the-ants
    • By Adam-and-the-ants 10th Jul 18, 5:19 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Adam-and-the-ants
    • 10th Jul 18, 5:19 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 5:19 PM
    Thanks Wammo, will challange the signage for sure.
    As for the landowner contract that they have sent me, how is it possible to rebut that this is actually the landowner. It is signed by (without mentioning which store) 'the store' ltd and then has a signature....how can i prove this is the landowner, or do i just take that as read? Just trying to figure out angles around this.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 18, 6:27 PM
    • 59,486 Posts
    • 72,653 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jul 18, 6:27 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 6:27 PM
    Maybe less scope with that WS than some.

Re the signs, are ECP's pictures old (check the dates) and did they fail to produce an aerial map or pics of clear entrance signs? Look for what's missing and attack it (you only have 2000 characters - not 2000 words - so keep it short).

If you lose, so what? No-one pays as you will find when you search this forum for the keywords: POPLA lost (hope you don't need to, but ECP sometimes do win at POPLA and no idiot pays)!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

1,283Users online

Martin's Twitter