Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zoe_h2004
    • By zoe_h2004 10th Jul 18, 2:00 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 3Thanks
    zoe_h2004
    Letter of Claim Recieved- BW Legal
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:00 PM
    Letter of Claim Recieved- BW Legal 10th Jul 18 at 2:00 PM
    Hi in 2012 my partner and I parked in a car park for P&O ferries operated by Premier Parking Solutions and received a parking fine.

You had to display both parts of the ticket in the windscreen as the one ticket on its own didn't actually show the expiration time. I cannot remember if we did show both (I only know both were needed as googling brought up another thread in the same car park). To me knowledge we never had a response to the appeal.

At the time I emailed an appeal (naively)- I wasn't driving and I wasn't the registered keeper.
    I do know that at the time we paid the full amount for the parking to be valid and I still have photos of the tickets.

I would like advice on where to go from here, should I just pay this now as i really don't want a CCJ against my name. Or can I request all the information that BW Legal have on the case prior to me responding?

Thanks
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jul 18, 9:08 PM
    • 18,355 Posts
    • 29,050 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Plus I cannot afford the risk of a CCJ as im about to get a mortgage.
    You are in no danger of a CCJ. Read this:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849106
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 9:14 PM
    • 59,463 Posts
    • 72,628 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Sorry I think I may have confused you Coupon-mad. In my original appeal, I used the following sentence....

"I am extremely annoyed to discover that an member of your staff has issued my car with the following ticket when we had paid the full amount and the tickets were clearly displayed on the dashboard"

It was my boyfriends car and he was the driver, by using the sentence above have I lost all ability to say the claim doesn't belong to me?
    Originally posted by zoe_h2004
    No, I didn't misunderstand. Re-read what I said to do, and put the words together as suggested.

I can't understand how you can't see this! It is simple. You cannot be liable unless you were keeper or driver. You need to tell BW Legal, NOW...as posted before. You've now wasted a day.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• zoe_h2004
    • By zoe_h2004 11th Jul 18, 9:25 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    zoe_h2004
    Thanks Coupon-mad, so can I send the template under the newbies thread but include a sentence stating im not the driver or keeper and that should be ok?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 9:31 PM
    • 59,463 Posts
    • 72,628 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No. That is not what I posted to do.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• zoe_h2004
    • By zoe_h2004 11th Jul 18, 9:39 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    zoe_h2004
    Sorry Coupon-mad my mistake. Ok I will respond with that letter tomorrow. One question- what If they contact my ex and he then turns around and says I was the driver to spite me? Albeit when I rung the DVLA they couldn't find the car based upon reg on the ticket and make and model as its a private reg and now on a different vehicle
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jul 18, 9:50 PM
    • 18,355 Posts
    • 29,050 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    One question- what If they contact my ex and he then turns around and says I was the driver to spite me?
    Haven't gone back through the thread (may have missed it, so apologies), how will they contact your ex?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 9:57 PM
    • 59,463 Posts
    • 72,628 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    They don't know who he is, and it's far too late for them to get his data.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

1,482Users online

Martin's Twitter