Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cdny
    • By Cdny 10th Jul 18, 1:52 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Cdny
    3 Months on Market no second viewers or offers
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:52 PM
    3 Months on Market no second viewers or offers 10th Jul 18 at 1:52 PM
    I have owned this property since January 2018 so just over 6 months. After buying the property I started a new job and wanted to move closer to my girlfriends parents due to childcare. So I put my house on the market about 3 months ago.

I have has about 10 viewers since then and reduced the price. I have lost out on the house i had in mind but have found a development close by and have paid the deposit for the new house to be built.

I'm not sure what else I should be doing or the estate agents I can't afford to lower the price any more than I already have and I don't really want to loose the deposit I have paid on the new build house.

Any ideas are appreciated.

I will provide the right move listing if you want to take a look and advise on things you would change.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Cdny
    • By Cdny 10th Jul 18, 1:54 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Cdny
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:54 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:54 PM
    I am unable to post links due to being new. If you want to look at the right move listing please send me a message.
    • Nobbie1967
    • By Nobbie1967 10th Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    • 770 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    Nobbie1967
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    I am unable to post links due to being new. If you want to look at the right move listing please send me a message.
    Originally posted by Cdny
    What price did you pay for it 6 months ago and what are you asking for it now?
    • Slithery
    • By Slithery 10th Jul 18, 2:00 PM
    • 783 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    Slithery
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:00 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:00 PM
    Originally posted by Cdny
    Just post the link but add some spaces in it.
    • Cdny
    • By Cdny 10th Jul 18, 2:02 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Cdny
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:02 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:02 PM
    I paid 100,000.

I had 3 valuations completed and they all said the market was alot better than when I bought it. So I put it up for 110k I then lowered it last month to 95-105k. Due to the lack of intrest and offers.
    • Cdny
    • By Cdny 10th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Cdny
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    Link to right move.

Rightmove.Co .uk /s6p/54025047
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 10th Jul 18, 2:09 PM
    • 25,532 Posts
    • 93,502 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:09 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:09 PM
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54025047.html?premiumA=true&utm_medium=shorturl&ut m_campaign=smspropertydetails&utm_source=url
    If you are finding huge gaps between your paragraphs, MSE know about the problem. However, they aren't necessarily doing anything about it. More changes on the way?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5844460
    • Slithery
    • By Slithery 10th Jul 18, 2:14 PM
    • 783 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    Slithery
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:14 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:14 PM
    A lot of people will assume that there is something wrong with the property as you are selling so soon after buying. Nothing you can do to change that.
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 10th Jul 18, 2:19 PM
    • 782 Posts
    • 926 Thanks
    need an answer
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:19 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:19 PM
    If people get as far as looking at the write up on the property before they look when it was last sold,you could suggest that the agent adds the wording in a prominent place

"job relocation forces sale"
    OR
    "Selling due to job relocation"

It might help if vendors know there is a reason other than them assuming bad area/neighbours.
    in S 34 T 40 F 47
    out S 50 T 43 F 47
    2017 -32
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 10th Jul 18, 2:27 PM
    • 17,778 Posts
    • 16,106 Thanks
    AdrianC
    The details clearly aren't the problem - their job is to get people through the door.

So the question is what are they seeing when they view that's stopping them having a second visit?
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 10th Jul 18, 2:52 PM
    • 1,760 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    I suspect that people are seeing it, dong a bit of additional research, realizing you only bought it 6 months ago are probably assuming there is something wrong, such as bad neighbours. it'll be hard to change that.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 10th Jul 18, 2:56 PM
    • 2,931 Posts
    • 2,275 Thanks
    Candyapple
    Benefiting from three DOUBLE bedrooms
    Bedroom One 15' 3" x 8' 5"
    Bedroom Two 15' 3" x 7' 1"
    Bedroom Three 12' 5" x 5' 3"

Get rid of the word double.

House looks ok, nothing glaringly bad sticks out. It will be because a lot of people will assume bad neighbours/area or something has happened that's so bad that you have put it on the market not even after 6 months ownership.

As per post#9, the EA needs it worded at the top of the ad listing that you are relocating due to your job.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • WibblyGirly
    • By WibblyGirly 10th Jul 18, 3:07 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 688 Thanks
    WibblyGirly
    For me, those bedrooms are a bit of an awkward shape, especially in the one with the bed being side on to the drawers and almost touching the opposite wall! I prefer more square rooms so that would put me off.
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 10th Jul 18, 3:10 PM
    • 10,780 Posts
    • 9,053 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    1. Unattractive exterior
    2. Bedrooms odd shape and no way is Bed 3 a double
    3. Lounge is small
    4. Kit/diner long and narrow
    5. Rear garden rather plain
    6. Price 95,000, but further on says 95,000 to 105,000. Why EAs price so stupidly is beyond reason. Although they're probably trying to attract the sub 100K market. Just put a price above what the vendor is willing to accept, negotiation is always possible
    • pimento
    • By pimento 10th Jul 18, 3:34 PM
    • 5,408 Posts
    • 7,047 Thanks
    pimento
    Make sure you tell your viewers that you have a south facing garden that gets the sun all day.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 10th Jul 18, 3:45 PM
    • 782 Posts
    • 926 Thanks
    need an answer
    Genuinely whats the minimum you would accept?

Perhaps market at that price "offers in excess of"

If no interest then you either need to stay a little longer or take a price hit

Essentially there is nothing wrong with the house,you cant change the room sizes and the walls in the bedroom that may not be to everyones taste are easily painted with a few coats of paint.

It will appeal to somebody you just have to wait for that buyer or accept that you will need to lose money for a quicker sale.

I'm not a real fan of the wording offers over,but for me the wording "guide price " always confuses.
    Makes me think of auctions or bidding wars both things I stray well away from

In some ways you should list it for the amount you want for it and be done!
    Last edited by need an answer; 10-07-2018 at 4:13 PM.
    in S 34 T 40 F 47
    out S 50 T 43 F 47
    2017 -32
    • sal_III
    • By sal_III 10th Jul 18, 3:52 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    sal_III
    All 3 bedrooms are to narrow for my taste, anything under 9'x9' is not a double bed in my books.

Bed3 is traditionally barely suited for a bedroom and is more for storage/office. In your case this is extreme with 5' 3" width.

Other than that nothing particularly wrong with the house, but on the other hand nothing striking that could draw interest.

Looking at RM, there aren't many sales in your area, so 2-3 months for an offer might be normal.
    • KittenChops
    • By KittenChops 10th Jul 18, 4:08 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    KittenChops
    When I look at a house online and the first photo isn't one of the front of the house, I usually move on to the next in the list...
    • letitbe90
    • By letitbe90 10th Jul 18, 4:09 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    letitbe90
    When I look at a house online and the first photo isn't one of the front of the house, I usually move on to the next in the list...
    Originally posted by KittenChops
    Seems daft.
    • sheepy21
    • By sheepy21 10th Jul 18, 4:21 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    sheepy21
    The house looks lovely for the money, as the market info immediately shows you've just bought it, I think that's a factor. Not knowing your circumstances I would assume you have a neighbour from hell. So I'd put on the listing that sale is forced due to new job.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,233Posts Today

8,363Users online

Martin's Twitter