Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blindedmole
    • By blindedmole 10th Jul 18, 12:23 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    blindedmole
    MET cowboys
    • 10th Jul 18, 12:23 PM
    MET cowboys 10th Jul 18 at 12:23 PM
    Hi all,

After receiving a PCN from MET parking, I have read through the forums and followed the advice as best as I can.

I received the PCN in early April, I read through this forum and found the template letter which I subsequently completed and sent to their appeals process.

I hadn't heard anything for about six weeks but the received a letter detailing that charge was valid and they have rejected the appeal.

I wrote back asking them to provide the details that I requested in the template letter (which they had not)

Another 6 week gap, I receive another letter stating that the internal appeals is now closed. Staring at a dead end with this, I try my luck at POPLA. however the code they have provided does not work. I inform met of this via their online process and await a response.

This week recieve a full charge demand from MET, with the standard solicitors/debt recovery blah blah blah bit.

So after playing the game thus far, what does this fabulous forum suggest? Is the length of time that they took to respond work in my favour re. POPLA code?
    I'm in no ways worried about the threat-o-gram. Just a bit of advice of my next step.

Thanks in advance.

M
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Jul 18, 1:00 PM
    • 3,615 Posts
    • 4,783 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:00 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:00 PM
    If your POPLA code was not valid inform the BPA. They can sort it out.
    This space for hire.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Jul 18, 1:43 PM
    • 8,000 Posts
    • 7,866 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:43 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:43 PM
    What was the date of the letter they sent rejecting your initial appeal?

Did that letter contain a PoPLA verification code?

From your post it looks like it was about six weeks after receiving that first rejection letter that you decided to try PoPLA.

What date did you try to submit a PoPLA appeal?

Not really surprising that the PoPLA Verification code no longer worked. Your initial appeal rejection letter said you had 28 days to appeal to PoPLA. You took longer.
    • blindedmole
    • By blindedmole 10th Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    blindedmole
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    Thanks KeithP,

Yes, I did appeal direct to met using the template letter as stated. MET did not answer the questions that the template letter asks for them to provide. So I again asked them to provide said details. Looking at the letters from MET it is five weeks between issuing the POPLA code and then writing to me saying the internal process is now closed.

If it has taken five weeks for them to reply but the popla code only last 28 days, where do I go from here?

I appreciate that maybe I should have appealed to POPLA at the same time, however whilst I was in dialogue with MET, I though this unnecessary.

If I've missed the boat with POPLA, where to next?

Thanks

M
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Jul 18, 2:00 PM
    • 3,615 Posts
    • 4,783 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:00 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:00 PM
    You are going to get bombarded with debt collectors letters. The Newbies thread tells you what to do.
    This space for hire.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Jul 18, 3:16 PM
    • 7,769 Posts
    • 10,353 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 10th Jul 18, 3:16 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 3:16 PM
    If I've missed the boat with POPLA, where to next?

Thanks

M
    Originally posted by blindedmole
    Just enjoy the stupid letters that the moron debt collectors
    send you

IGNORE THEM and see what MET do next, then come
    back here

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74439905#post74439905
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • blindedmole
    • By blindedmole 10th Jul 18, 3:57 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    blindedmole
    • 10th Jul 18, 3:57 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 3:57 PM
    @beamerguy

Thanks.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 1:46 AM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,590 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jul 18, 1:46 AM
    • 11th Jul 18, 1:46 AM
    If it has taken five weeks for them to reply but the popla code only last 28 days, where do I go from here?
    Are you honestly saying you got a POPLA code then sat on it and wasted it, while faffing around with MET, still? Wow. Why would anyone here do that? You USE a POPLA code!

You have left yourself open to getting threatograms from debt collectors ad infinitum and a possible court claim within six years (if MET ever grow a pair!). Would have been far better to have seen them off at POPLA.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• blindedmole
    • By blindedmole 12th Jul 18, 2:59 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    blindedmole
    • 12th Jul 18, 2:59 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 2:59 PM
    @coupon-mad, correct. I used the template letter and sent it off as detailed in the newbie section. When they returned with a template "your appeal has been unsuccessful". I replied asking them the information in the template letter. I must have missed the bit that states to still use a POPLA code alongside the template, but here we are.

I have not admitted who was driving at any point to MET. All letters from them are to the registered keeper. I hadn't officially appealed either direct to them or POPLA. The only contact was the template letter sent to them, twice.

Therefore I seem to be left waiting for fresh recycling paper from MET. I'm thinking that I should not make any further contact with them.

Thanks again

M
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jul 18, 3:03 PM
    • 37,000 Posts
    • 83,608 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Complain to your MP about this scam, additionally pointing out that you have been denied access to ADR in breach of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Act 2015 that states this should be available to you for not less than one year.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

550Posts Today

5,873Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin