Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • negseven
    • By negseven 10th Jul 18, 9:14 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    negseven
    BT pension lack of help
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:14 AM
    BT pension lack of help 10th Jul 18 at 9:14 AM
    Hi, I used to have access to a web portal with British Telecom to access my pension details (Think it was Accenture?). To save money BT is now doing this in house. Who can I can complain to re: I am still waiting over a month for a statement of accounts. I have also complained twice and received RITM numbers from them? Last straw is I emailed btpensions@accenture.com and still haven't received a reply over 5 days ago. To say their service is a joke is an understatement!
Page 1
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 10th Jul 18, 9:19 AM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 1,232 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:19 AM
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:19 AM
    They haven't breached any statutory deadlines, so complaints, wherever they are made, will fall on deaf ears.
    • jennyjj
    • By jennyjj 10th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    • 316 Posts
    • 402 Thanks
    jennyjj
    • 10th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    • 10th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    Hi, I used to have access to a web portal with British Telecom to access my pension details (Think it was Accenture?). To save money BT is now doing this in house. Who can I can complain to re: I am still waiting over a month for a statement of accounts. I have also complained twice and received RITM numbers from them? Last straw is I emailed btpensions@accenture.com and still haven't received a reply over 5 days ago. To say their service is a joke is an understatement!
    Originally posted by negseven
    Hi, They failed to send me a quote in spite of me calling 15 days after the request. However after 30 days, I rang up and politely but firmly told the offshore adviser that I'd waited more than 30 days and would like it to be escalated. She put me straight through to the UK team and I had my quote by email the same day and followed up in snail mail two days later. The quote had not originally been ordered on the system.

BT's pension portal is now available directly on the internet, outside the intranet. That's a major step forward.
    https://www.btpensionsportal.com/

Incidentally. See the other post in this forum. The actuarial reduction rates have been slashed which may influence your decisions.
    • robin61
    • By robin61 10th Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    • 668 Posts
    • 486 Thanks
    robin61
    • 10th Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    Originally posted by negseven
    BT has just closed the pension scheme to new contributions. That means they are having to make all of the current employees in the scheme deferred members and put them all into a different pension scheme. Also there are people starting to leave the company following their announcement of 13000 mainly management job reductions so people are considering early retirement right at the time when there needs to be various changes to the systems.

They appear to be stretched. I know that's probably no help to you but I'm not surprised.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,509Posts Today

8,496Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin