Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pex
    • By Pex 10th Jul 18, 6:54 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Pex
    Help / advice. Wrong electricity meter for years
    • 10th Jul 18, 6:54 AM
    Help / advice. Wrong electricity meter for years 10th Jul 18 at 6:54 AM
    Hi I actually looking for advice. A few year ago. Council put central heating in and storage heating removed. But I have now been advised by Scottish power they never changed actual meter for storage heating any one any ideas on what I do regarding all previous payments and previous readings and they have took full responsibility for this. Any help appreciated Iíve been told that I have been paying to much as I should only have a 1 rate meter since gas got put in. But still got storage heating meter as Iím still awaiting new meter from them thanks.
Page 1
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 10th Jul 18, 7:30 AM
    • 3,065 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 10th Jul 18, 7:30 AM
    • 10th Jul 18, 7:30 AM
    Contact your local councillor who can raise the issue with the department involved - it may be that there are other tenants similarly affected.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • Pex
    • By Pex 10th Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pex
    • 10th Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    Wrong electric meter
    • 10th Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    hi Thanks wasnít sure what to do as they have instantly gave me £30 goodwil cheuqe. Which I didnít ask for so that made me more suspicious than anything else. My electric bill comes straight off my benefits. So itís them that tell me what to pay it was £25 per week with storage heating then storage heating removed by council house rewired by council. No change ov meter on any occasion my payments went down to £10 per week Iíve gave personal meter readings internet meter reading. The guys have came out and took readings but they say no meter readings in last 3/4 years or more. They have sent someone out to take picture ov my electric meter and my gas meter Iím allegedly not gettin charged for electric just now. Well they have stopped takin payments from dwp. But still very unsure about this as when I phoned 1 day and got different lady. She says d my account/ ref number was someone elseís name but couldnít disclose name. My fianc!e checked our 5 neighbours surnames as the lady said she couldnít tell us. But if we said the surname she could say yes. But none ov my neighbours matched the name. Then on different Hi I actually looking for advice. A few year ago. Council put central heating in and storage heating removed. But I have now been advised by Scottish power they never changed actual meter for storage heating any one any ideas on what I do regarding all previous payments and previous readings and they have took full responsibility for this. Any help appreciated Iíve been told that I have been paying to much as I should only have a 1 rate meter since gas got put in. But still got storage heating meter as Iím still awaiting new meter from them thanks. call next day the guy dealing with it said she didnít know what she was talking about. Sorry about long reply as Iím going to copy / paste to local mp thanks again.
    • House Martin
    • By House Martin 10th Jul 18, 4:12 PM
    • 1,428 Posts
    • 1,192 Thanks
    House Martin
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:12 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:12 PM
    Dont waste your time with local MPs. The reason why Scottish Power did nt change the meter is that they do not have to exchange it simply because the storage heaters have been taken out. Suppliers are never concerned about the domestic appliances used in a property. It is none of their business.
    It was up to you, and you only to initiate the change in metering from eco 7 to single rate and that did not need a change of meter, but it needed you to get on the phone and start the ball rolling.
    Scottish Power would have been happy to bill you single rate tariff from day one by simply totalling the day/night reads together.
    As a meter reader for Scottish Power, and others, I have been seeing this sort of thing on daily basis with Eco 7 meters in use with gas central heating in action for the last 15 years. Its very common and nothing to do with either the local council or any Mps to complain too. The local MP will not understand it anyway.. Citizens Advice may be a little better. Accept the £30 and put it down to experience and simply learn about Eco 7 meters.
    Last year a supplier called Iresa Energy were supplying 2 rate Eco 7 tariffs which were cheaper than any single rate tariff in the UK regardless of how many cheap night rate units were used. Every one uses plenty of units in the cheap 7 hours . Its in use up to 8.30 am BST so plenty of time to use showers, washing machines, dryers.
    • Pex
    • By Pex 10th Jul 18, 4:25 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pex
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:25 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:25 PM
    I did phone on a number off occasions as I couldnít get any where to swap meters because I had still have comfort meter. So I phoned Scottish power and asked them and they said it was because I had comfort meter I said I donít have storage heatin. The guy that is dealing with it said itís there fault and some people are not doin job correct. Because he could see in my files I have phoned on numerous occasions. Thanks for your help as u worked in this department. My knowledge about it is zero. Not really interested in money it was the guy who came took picture that told me. That I have been getting charged to much on a certain rate on that meter something like 3p. So nothing major just want a meter I can have the option to go with any provider. Cheers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,076Posts Today

8,329Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin