Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mylife
    • By Mylife 3rd Jul 18, 9:19 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 10Thanks
    Mylife
    Messed up
    • 3rd Jul 18, 9:19 PM
    Messed up 3rd Jul 18 at 9:19 PM
    I slept with a married man, yes I know it was wrong but what's done is done. I'm now 8wks pregnant and have decided to keep the baby. I did not want to involve the father, but he guessed it was his and eventually I admitted it. I can look /provide tor the baby alone. Financially I'm in a good place. he seems excited, wants accompany me to all my appointments, is suggesting names etc. I have tried to tell him that I do not wish to still be involved with him but he keeps calling, texting asking how I am.He is also offering money but I have said no. I'm thinking of moving and changing my no, but that would mean leaving my well paid job . Any suggestions on how I can deal with this.

yes I know I was wrong
Page 10
    • pearl123
    • By pearl123 12th Jul 18, 12:25 AM
    • 1,416 Posts
    • 2,091 Thanks
    pearl123
    unfortunately I had to tell a few people including friends and family ,
    Originally posted by Mylife
    “I'm pregnant and I should be telling family/friends but I'm embarrassed because the 1st question will be who is the father”

Above quotes are a little confusing?
    • Mylife
    • By Mylife 12th Jul 18, 12:06 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Mylife
    pearl if you read, my post I say there are a few I told, but not the wider family mum included. I am gearing to telling the whole family soon.
    • pearl123
    • By pearl123 12th Jul 18, 1:50 PM
    • 1,416 Posts
    • 2,091 Thanks
    pearl123
    pearl if you read, my post I say there are a few I told, but not the wider family mum included. I am gearing to telling the whole family soon.
    I wish you luck. I'm sure it won't be easy telling close family.
    Last edited by pearl123; 12-07-2018 at 2:30 PM.
    • suejb2
    • By suejb2 12th Jul 18, 6:27 PM
    • 1,399 Posts
    • 2,141 Thanks
    suejb2
    Names
    George Foreman, the former boxer, has five sons - all called George
    Originally posted by LilElvis
    And a daughter called Georgetta!
    Oh and a grill called George.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
    • bare
    • By bare 13th Jul 18, 11:55 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    bare
    saying I come across as selfish and self centred, I hope he realises that is the nature of affairs, no one comes out smelling of roses.
    It's not about the affair or about you or the father; it's about your attitude to your unborn child. You don't seem to care about the implications of removing the father from the child's life, you only want to minimise the discomfort for yourself, short-term. I'm not talking about money here.

It's my gut feeling that tells me that something's fishy in your story - maybe not all of it but most likely much of it.. I might be wrong but that's what I believe and I trust my instinct more than anything else.

I wish all the children in this story best of luck, and strength to cope with all the !!!! you adults are putting them through.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Jul 18, 12:32 PM
    • 20,329 Posts
    • 54,588 Thanks
    Pollycat
    It's not about the affair or about you or the father; it's about your attitude to your unborn child. You don't seem to care about the implications of removing the father from the child's life, you only want to minimise the discomfort for yourself, short-term. I'm not talking about money here.

It's my gut feeling that tells me that something's fishy in your story - maybe not all of it but most likely much of it.. I might be wrong but that's what I believe and I trust my instinct more than anything else.

I wish all the children in this story best of luck, and strength to cope with all the !!!! you adults are putting them through.
    Originally posted by bare
    That might have been the OP's stance when she first started the thread but I think you'll find that she's taken on board lots of the comments about excluding the Father from their child's life and has changed her mind on that.
    • Mylife
    • By Mylife 13th Jul 18, 8:41 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Mylife
    Bare like Pollycat says when I posted this is what I initially wanted to do because I thought it was the easy thing to do. I was not only embarassed but also fear of breaking a family . Thankfully forum users were kind enough to point out to me that it was wrong and I should involve the father.

You are free to ignore the post,I do not need to justify myself to you, frankly I have had a lot of good advice from other users.

To everyone else , I appreciate your advice. I'm now just trying to find a suitable time/ occasion to tell wider family. I have to do that soon.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 14th Jul 18, 12:32 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I!!!8217;ve been lurking on your post Mylife and just wanted to say it!!!8217;s a shame people don!!!8217;t read the full comments before having a go and a dig at you. Since you first posted you!!!8217;ve changed your ideas and it!!!8217;s not fair that people are commenting now after you!!!8217;ve gone through it all with users on here.

I wish you well in telling your family.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,075Posts Today

7,281Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin