Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nathaniel Essex
    • By Nathaniel Essex 9th Jul 18, 10:08 PM
    • 116Posts
    • 62Thanks
    Nathaniel Essex
    Condensation is double glazed doors
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:08 PM
    Condensation is double glazed doors 9th Jul 18 at 10:08 PM
    Hi all

I have sliding doors in the kitchen leading to the garden. There is a lot of water marks which really get on my nerves. Since I have moved in, I have not seen a situation where there is water in the glass so whatever caused it is unlikely to cause it again.

What I wanted to know is if there was a fix? I wanted it replaced but as it's on a wooden base, no one I have asked so far is confident of being able to put it back. I saw a video some time ago with someone drilling a small whole and spraying a solution to clear it.

Doesn't have to be this but can someone recommend a solution?
Page 1
    • tonyh66
    • By tonyh66 10th Jul 18, 9:09 AM
    • 1,222 Posts
    • 856 Thanks
    tonyh66
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:09 AM
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:09 AM
    the DG unit will need replacing. You cannot drill a hole into the glass it will/should be toughened (unlikely to be laminated). Drilling holes into DG units to clear condensation is snake oil it doesn't get rid of the water staining. A joiner who advertises window installation could probably do it, but you may need to source replacement DG units from a glazing company (not a DG installation company).
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 10th Jul 18, 12:50 PM
    • 25,768 Posts
    • 69,773 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 10th Jul 18, 12:50 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 12:50 PM
    If they are wooden doors then you'll want a carpenter to fix it. As above, it will need a new unit.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,173Posts Today

9,819Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin