Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sajet
    • By sajet 9th Jul 18, 9:17 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 2Thanks
    sajet
    Park Direct did not reply to my appeal!
    • 9th Jul 18, 9:17 PM
    Park Direct did not reply to my appeal! 9th Jul 18 at 9:17 PM
    Hi all, I'm a bit stressed out about the PCN I received last month from Park Direct UK at Uxbridge. I had stepped out of the car to read the board, thought it was dodgy, saw a random lady hiding behind a car and trying to photograph me - and so I left.

I received a PCN a couple of days after, however the timestamps are NOT clear and I;m sure I wasn't there for more than a minute. So I wrote them a letter back appealing the PCN but have not heard back from them.

It says on their letter "If you do appeal and do not hear from us within 28 days then please contact us, do not assume that your appeal has been successful"

It's a week over 28 days now, I haven't heard anything but now received a letter saying "The requirements of Schedule 4 of Protection of Freedoms Act ...have been satisfied" and are therefore DEMANDING I pay 100 within 14 days.

I've read about POPLA but I do not have the verification code as Park Direct have NOT replied to my appeal.

What are my options? Please help!
Page 2
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 10th Jul 18, 10:24 PM
    • 1,779 Posts
    • 2,248 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    LOL! Tbh it's not the court and defending that scares me, it really is the fact that I would be leaving myself open (unfairly!) to action for 6 years that bugs me. God forbid something goes wrong (missed/unopened letters etc) and I find bailiffs at my doorstep for this silly thing
    Originally posted by sajet
    as the law stands at the moment , that is correct , just like an unpaid invoice from your milkman etc etc

however due to the figure involved (if you lost) I dont think we would be seeing you on the TV
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • sajet
    • By sajet 10th Jul 18, 10:28 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    sajet
    as the law stands at the moment , that is correct , just like an unpaid invoice from your milkman etc etc

however due to the figure involved (if you lost) I dont think we would be seeing you on the TV
    Originally posted by twhitehousescat
    For argument's sake, lets assume I do not receive any court letters etc etc - they sue me and I lose and then bailiffs are sent to recover say 400 odd.
    If I pay this in full, then it wouldn't affect my credit score/rating etc - would that be correct?
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 10th Jul 18, 10:36 PM
    • 3,182 Posts
    • 4,889 Thanks
    fisherjim
    For argument's sake, lets assume I do not receive any court letters etc etc - they sue me and I lose and then bailiffs are sent to recover say 400 odd.
    If I pay this in full, then it wouldn't affect my credit score/rating etc - would that be correct?

You are getting in a bit of a twist here, that is not exactly how it works, if you get court papers you defend and lose you pay up that's the end of it, they don't send in bailiffs to collect anything!

Was this High St Uxbridge at the Active 4 Less fitness club car park, next to Subway, if so this is a notorious honeytrap.

The signage is a total joke and Park Direct scam here exactly like this daily, no one should pay their stupid scam charges!
    Last edited by fisherjim; 10-07-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    • sajet
    • By sajet 10th Jul 18, 10:40 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    sajet
    Was this High St Uxbridge at the Active 4 Less fitness club car park, next to Subway, if so this is a notorious honeytrap.

The signage is a total joke and Park Direct scam here exactly like this daily, no one should pay their stupid scam charges!
    Originally posted by fisherjim
    Yes it was exactly there!

There was a shady blonde lady hiding behind some of the parked cars near the entrance on the right, kept popping her head up I guess trying to photograph vehicles. How embarrassing.

It took less than a minute to realise something dodgy was going on but the vehicle had been photographed by then.
    • sajet
    • By sajet 10th Jul 18, 10:42 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    sajet
    You are getting in a bit of a twist here, that is not exactly how it works, if you get court papers you defend and lose you pay up that's the end of it, they don't send in bailiffs to collect anything!
    Originally posted by fisherjim
    If I don't receive any court letters and lose by default?
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 10th Jul 18, 10:48 PM
    • 1,779 Posts
    • 2,248 Thanks
    twhitehousescat

dunno ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you want to phone a friend?
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 18, 11:22 PM
    • 61,591 Posts
    • 74,490 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I think you need to see this scam this the way we do, and stop worrying about nothing. They DON'T SUE, and why would you miss letters, and get bailiffs round, how could that happen?

The only action to take is to:

- ignore the silly debt letters, like we all did for years before POPLA existed

- make them do some work & send Park Direct a SAR, as discussed here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849784

- complain to your MP

- complain to Trading Standards, like this:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74503584#post74503584

- update any PPC scammers with any new address if you move, and keep proof of that letter

- spend your money on you and your loved ones.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jul 18, 12:09 AM
    • 37,275 Posts
    • 21,442 Thanks
    Quentin
    How many times do you want to be reassured?

Can't keep repeating the same advice.

This latest scenario isn't worth considering!

If you lose by default then you are best paying it off . Why would you default?

You don't ignore Court correspondence in the unlikely that you get any!

Provided that you don't ignore Court correspondence you are unlikely to get a default judgment!

Now put all this to bed.
    • sajet
    • By sajet 11th Jul 18, 8:44 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    sajet
    Thanks all, appreciate your time and efforts. I will update this post as soon as I hear back.

I've been waiting a long time. This time though ..It's coming home
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jul 18, 9:27 AM
    • 37,275 Posts
    • 21,442 Thanks
    Quentin
    Don't worry about anything they say if they reply to your latest "dispute letter" - why did you send it anyway, bearing in mind the advice you have been given?

Don't bother posting about hearing from the debt collectors !!

Read #4 in the Newbies FAQ!!!

And read this thread from page one:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
    Last edited by Quentin; 11-07-2018 at 9:33 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

1,134Users online

Martin's Twitter