Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Janne1958
    • By Janne1958 9th Jul 18, 9:07 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Janne1958
    Parkingeye County Court Claim Form
    • 9th Jul 18, 9:07 PM
    Parkingeye County Court Claim Form 9th Jul 18 at 9:07 PM
    Hi All,
    I got a Claim Form from Northampton County Court Issued on 25th June 2018.
    My grandson attend a swimming lessons since 2016, at Mounts Baths Leisure Club. I received a Parking Charge notice from 06/10/2017, charging me (the keeper of the car) for 100, for using the car park that Parkingeye monitor. The date of the event was 30/09/2017.
    I have ignored some letters and in one occasion I have sent screenshots from the Mounts Bath with the details of my grandson and the Parkingeye dismissed.
    On the 16/03/2018 I got a letter saying that my POPLA appeal has been unsuccessful and that I have now reached the end of the internal appeals procedure.
    I have been paying the Mounts Baths for the swimming lessons since 2016, every month and having the access of the Mounts Baths every day, but only going on Saturdays for the swimming lessons
    Can anyone help me please in what I could do now? The court are charging me for 175.
    All help is highly appreciated. Thank you
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 18, 12:20 AM
    • 63,839 Posts
    • 76,488 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jul 18, 12:20 AM
    • 10th Jul 18, 12:20 AM
    The court are charging me for 175.
    No they are not. ParkingEye are.

You said PE had made a claim in the county court, just like in HUNDREDS of other threads here.

I have to assume by now you've read 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' and will have done the AOS online as the sticky thread tells you how to do, in pictures.

Post again when you've read enough example defences to draft one of your own this month. No asking what your chances are (you can find our success rate mentioned all over the forum) and please no asking where the NEWBIES thread is, see below. 2 clicks back.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Janne1958
    • By Janne1958 10th Jul 18, 2:30 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Janne1958
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:30 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:30 PM
    Thank you Coupon Mad.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 1:08 AM
    • 63,839 Posts
    • 76,488 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jul 18, 1:08 AM
    • 11th Jul 18, 1:08 AM
    Let's see the draft defence for comments, as we want to help perfect it.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Janne1958
    • By Janne1958 15th Jul 18, 8:04 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Janne1958
    • 15th Jul 18, 8:04 PM
    • 15th Jul 18, 8:04 PM
    Hi Coupon-Mad, thank you for your help.

I have seen all NEWBIES thread and contacted the manager of the Mounts Baths at this email: CQuick@nltrust.org.uk
    Sent him this email on the 10th of July 2018:
    Hi,

My grandson attend a swimming lessons since 2016, at Mounts Baths Leisure Club. I received a Parking Charge notice from 06/10/2017, charging me (the keeper of the car) for 100, for using the car park that Parkingeye monitor. The date of the event was 30/09/2017.

My son (......) have sent prof of screenshots from the Mounts Bath PC with the details of my grandson is a patron from the Mounts Baths since2016 and still the Parkingeye have dismissed.

On the 16/03/2018 I got a letter saying that my POPLA appeal has been unsuccessful and that I have now reached the end of the internal appeals procedure.

I have been paying the Mounts Baths for the swimming lessons since 2016, every month and having the access of the Mounts Baths every day, but only going on the days that my grandson has his swimming lessons.

I personally have been at the Mounts Baths Leisure Club on the 05th of July 2018 and have asked to talk to the manager, Cameron Leason and talked and explained all my disappointment with this situation....This is HARASSMENT, to threaten us with a court claim for being a Patron at the Mounts Baths.We are a genuine customer and we have been penalized for using the Leisure Center facilities???????
    Regards
    He came back to me with this email:
    Hi (......),

I emailed parking eye and asked them to cancel your parking notice. Unfortunately because the parking notice has reached the stage of court, Northampton Leisure Trust have no way of voiding the ticket for you. I have managed to get them to reduce the fine down to 60. I have emailed the enforcement team to see if I can appeal against the notice so I await their response. I would encourage you to also email them on the email address below. You can see the response to my email Parking Eye sent me:

Hi Chris,

We are unable to cancel the charge at this stage and it is now with our enforcement team.

I have spoken with our enforcement team who have advised that we can offer a discounted amount of 60. A letter will be sent to the motorist to confirm this.

If you or the motorist have any further queries could you direct these to enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk

Thanks,

Coupon Mad, I haven't done the draft defense, and according to the claim form;

(IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THE CLAIM OR IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A CLAIM AGAINST THE CLAIMANT(COUNTERCLAIM) YOU MUST SEND EITHER THE COMPLETED ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF SERVICE FORM OR A DEFENSE FORM TO THE COURT WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE DATE OF SERVICE. (yesterday was the 14th day). IF YOU SEND THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF SERVICE YOU MUST SEND A DEFENSE TO THE COURT TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 28 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE SERVICE).

Coupon-Mad, this mean that I have until the 28th of July to send my DEFENSE? Or I still awaiting for the enforcement team to get back to me?
    I am sorry to ask but it is really confusing now.

Thank you

Last edited by Janne1958; 15-07-2018 at 8:08 PM. Reason: To take out our real names.
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 15th Jul 18, 8:17 PM
    • 1,183 Posts
    • 2,249 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 15th Jul 18, 8:17 PM
    • 15th Jul 18, 8:17 PM
    Don't mess around. If they don't cancel it prepare a defence. Its relatively easy since you'll be able to show that they are aware there is no loss and no basis to pursue the claim, yet still they come.....
    "The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading."
    DISCLAIMER: I post thoughts as & when they occur. I don't advise. You are your own person and decision-maker. I'm unlikely to respond to DMs seeking personal advice. It's ill-advised & you lose the benefit of a group "take" on events.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jul 18, 8:26 PM
    • 37,919 Posts
    • 22,026 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jul 18, 8:26 PM
    • 15th Jul 18, 8:26 PM
    Did you do the AOS?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jul 18, 8:40 PM
    • 63,839 Posts
    • 76,488 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Jul 18, 8:40 PM
    • 15th Jul 18, 8:40 PM
    What's the contravention? Not putting your VRN into some hidden iPad keyboard no-one told you about?

If so you will have noticed that's the same situation as the Odeon ParkingEye defence already written and linked in the NEWBIES thread. Where you were already directed to.

I am sorry to ask but it is really confusing now.
    But I said before:
    I have to assume by now you've read 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' and will have done the AOS online as the sticky thread tells you how to do, in pictures.

Post again when you've read enough example defences to draft one of your own this month...
    This is no different than the court forms tell you about, i.e. do the AOS within 14 days of service.

It's a Sunday, not a working day, so get that easy bit done now. Amazed if you haven't done the AOS yet despite the clear advice here a week ago, and in the NEWBIES thread, just get it done?

60 is the best offer you will get. If the Swimming Baths will pay it or split it, I'd consider settling. It is unfair and an outrageous scam but otherwise you have to attend a court hearing (albeit only paying about 175 if the case is lost, no CCJ, no risk or repercussions). Your choice.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-07-2018 at 8:46 PM.
    • Janne1958
    • By Janne1958 15th Jul 18, 10:30 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Janne1958
    • 15th Jul 18, 10:30 PM
    • 15th Jul 18, 10:30 PM
    [QUOTE] Did you do the AOS?

No Quentin, I haven't done the AOS. The 14 days was yesterday, 14th/07/2018.
    Last edited by Janne1958; 15-07-2018 at 10:37 PM. Reason: to put some more information
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jul 18, 11:08 PM
    • 37,919 Posts
    • 22,026 Thanks
    Quentin
    So why you fiddling - a default judgment will be following if you don't do it

Why come here for advice and ignore it??

Prepare to pay up!

As you been advised above. It's your choice
    • Janne1958
    • By Janne1958 16th Jul 18, 12:15 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Janne1958
    Hi Quentin, thank you for your message.
    I have sent another email to the Baths Mounts Leisure Club because I cant log into the Court online, to send the AOS

Hi Chris, thank you for your email.
    Chris, I have sent all the information possible, to tell them I am your customer since 2016. They even waived another parking charge incurred in 26 August 2017 (Parking Charge Notice - 102784/467025) So, since that date, they knew I am your customer, I am a Patron of Mounts Baths Leisure Club since 2016, and you can see on your records too, and I have bank statements to proof.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offenses, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. I haven't breached any contract, on the contrary, I have a contract with you and have honored my contract every month. I owe them nothing. If Mounts Baths Leisure Club want to pay the fine as a gesture of a goodwill for being a valuable customer, I don't mind, but the Mounts Baths leisure Club has to sort this out for his customers.

Hope I get a positive answer

Thank you for your help

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,052Posts Today

7,397Users online

Martin's Twitter