Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lw1989
    • By Lw1989 9th Jul 18, 9:04 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lw1989
    Worried about mortgage offer
    • 9th Jul 18, 9:04 PM
    Worried about mortgage offer 9th Jul 18 at 9:04 PM
    Hi everyone, just looking for a bit of help and advice.
    Me and my partner are first time buyers and had a mortgage offer on a property back in March, which we sadly ended up pulling out of due to problems we felt were to big to ignore surrounding the lease. However in May we found another house which is even better and had an offer accepted. I wrongly assumed because we had a mortgage offer, everything would be fine. Basically before we had the offer accepted on the first property, my partners workplace went into liquidation but he was reassured by his boss that he would reopen the company and his job would be safe, which it was. Due to it being a new company he had no payslips so our mortgage advisor asked him to get a letter from his boss stating that he was in full time employment and what his wage would be. We got our mortgage offer based on this so everything was great. However because some months had passed between the first and second property, nationwide asked for 2 more payslips from me and one from my partner. He provided it on the 28th of June and now my mortgage advisor is on holiday until 18th July. I heard nothing so I called nationwide on Friday and the lady informed me that the wage on my partners payslip doesnít match the wage stated on the initial letter so it would be a further 3 working days as it had gone to the higher underwriters. When my partner has looked into it, the payslip states that he earns £1,500 less a year than the letter. He was under the impression his yearly wage was the same as the letter. He has yet to speak to his boss about this but I was just looking for some advice of how likely we are to be declined for this? Iíll be devastated if we lose out on this house!
    Thanks in advance for any help!
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 9th Jul 18, 9:11 PM
    • 10,738 Posts
    • 4,260 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 9th Jul 18, 9:11 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 9:11 PM
    It depends how tight you are on affordability. If that £1,500 is crucial to you making affordability Nationwide may reduce their offer.

Who is covering for your Mortgage adviser in their absence, that is where you should address your question?
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 9th Jul 18, 10:15 PM
    • 59,798 Posts
    • 53,134 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:15 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:15 PM
    Is the payslip correct?
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • Lauraw1989
    • By Lauraw1989 10th Jul 18, 9:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lauraw1989
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:19 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:19 PM
    I am the original poster however once I leave this website it seems to log me out and then says I am entering an invalid password.. when I try to reset it, it says it doesn!!!8217;t recognise my email hence the new account !!!55358;!!!56596;

Thanks for your replies, my mortgage advisor is independent so no one filling his place while he!!!8217;s away unfortunately!

My partner has raised the issue of his wage with the company accountant however today I received a text saying we had been issued a mortgage offer! Phew!
    Thanks again for your replies !!!55357;!!!56898;
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 10th Jul 18, 9:28 PM
    • 10,738 Posts
    • 4,260 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:28 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 9:28 PM
    Crazy situation at this time of year.

Brokers need to have back up if they are away.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,674Posts Today

7,118Users online

Martin's Twitter