Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Jul 18, 7:37 PM
    • 37,770Posts
    • 84,806Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Why me?
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:37 PM
    Why me? 9th Jul 18 at 7:37 PM
    I have just had yet another PM from a newbie asking for help off forum. That makes four in under a fortnight. At least two of them had not even started any threads before contacting me.

Is it just me or are any of the other regulars getting these as well?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jul 18, 7:58 PM
    • 20,250 Posts
    • 31,946 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:58 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:58 PM
    Is it just me or are any of the other regulars getting these as well?
    No - because I've set my PM settings to accept PMs from my 'Contacts' only. Then you select who's going to be your contacts.

I got caught in the early days with one or two who thought they 'owned' me (here and on PePiPoo) with demands to read massive text blocks and rewrite them for them, do their POPLA appeal .......

One of the reasons I get a bit 'sniffy' about copy and dumps and mahoosive unparagraphed text blocks.

Change your PM settings, then get them only from those you're prepared to accept from. You're on my list, and other regulars.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 09-07-2018 at 8:03 PM.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jul 18, 8:53 PM
    • 63,887 Posts
    • 76,542 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Jul 18, 8:53 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 8:53 PM
    It is as Umkomaas says - we all have our pm's set to only allow pm's from contacts.

I had to do that when I had a stalking harasser in my face in every part of my life, including here.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 9th Jul 18, 8:56 PM
    • 2,167 Posts
    • 2,620 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 9th Jul 18, 8:56 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 8:56 PM
    I had an empty space fruitcake was it a dcbl ccj ?
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Jul 18, 11:16 PM
    • 4,713 Posts
    • 6,083 Thanks
    waamo
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:16 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:16 PM
    I get some occasionally. It's very rare though. I get more from regulars here/
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,638Posts Today

6,965Users online

Martin's Twitter