Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gin_Man
    • By Gin_Man 9th Jul 18, 5:59 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Gin_Man
    Premier Park - PCN
    • 9th Jul 18, 5:59 PM
    Premier Park - PCN 9th Jul 18 at 5:59 PM
    Afternoon all.

We have today received a PCN from Premier Park for a vehicle registered at our address.

The facts:

The charge is for Whole Period of Parking Not Paid For.
    Discounted charge of 60 or 100 if not paid within 14 days.
    The PCN has photos of the vehicle in question, arriving and leaving the car park (only).
    Entry time is 02:49 hrs 30 Jun 18
    Exit is 09:03 hrs 30 Jun 18
    PCN issue date is 5 Jul 18.

We have a ticket/receipt for the parking. It was purchased at 03:06 hrs on Sun 30 Jun and valid until 09:00 hrs the same day. The ticket has the VRN on it and states that it does not need to be displayed. The fees displayed state that the session is valid for the next day when parked after 20:00 hrs. Charges apply every day of the week. 07:00 hrs to 20:00 hrs is 2.00 for 2 hrs. The driver paid 2.00.

As you can see, the vehicle exceeded the ticket expiry time by 3 minutes.
    According to the PCN, Premier Park are a member of BPA and state that they operate in accordance with the BPA's CoP.
    Having read the latest version of the CoP (Jan 18), under Grace Periods at Sect 13 (13.4 in particular, page 9) it states You should allow the driver a reasonable period to leave the private car park after the parking contract has ended, before you take enforcement action. If the location is one where parking is normally permitted, the Grace Period at the end of the parking period should be a minimum of 10 minutes.

Assumption(s):
    We have assumed that the charge is for exceeding the 09:00 hrs expiry time only. The time difference between arriving and ticket purchase is 17 minutes. Clause 13.2 of the BPA CoP states that it MUST be a minimum 10 minutes for arrival.

Moving forward:
    Clearly we are not going to pay the charge. I have read the newbies thread and some other related posts so we are going to appeal via their website, using the advice posted on this forum. We will be using the template text from the newbies thread for the first response / online appeal.

Question(s):
    Should we attach a JPEG of the receipt on the online appeal?
    Knowing that we have a potential case using the 'Grace Period' clause in the CoP alone, should we add anything to the template text in the first response / online appeal or wait until the POPLA stage if/when declined. Or simply send as it is?
    Also, should we consider the arrival time as well as the departure time when using Grace Periods as a casing point or is this negligible?

Grateful for your assistance.
    Last edited by Gin_Man; 09-07-2018 at 6:09 PM.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Jul 18, 6:54 PM
    • 37,027 Posts
    • 83,644 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 9th Jul 18, 6:54 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 6:54 PM
    You could attach a copy of the paid for ticket but you would need to carefully add that The Driver paid and here is the ticket as proof.
    I doubt it will make any difference at the initial appeal stage.
    Likewise you could mention that the scammers haven't taken grace periods into account which is a breach of the BPA CoP. Again this needs to be done carefully so the driver's identity isn't revealed, and again, I doubt it will make any difference.

There are two grace periods, so both should be mentioned at PoPLA appeal stage. You will also use all the other appeal points from post 3 of the NEWBIES at PoPLA as well.

What happened when you complained to the landowner?

Don't forget to complain to your MP about this unregulated scam. This is the only way this will get stopped.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 09-07-2018 at 6:57 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Gin_Man
    • By Gin_Man 9th Jul 18, 8:09 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Gin_Man
    • 9th Jul 18, 8:09 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 8:09 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

In that case, we'll hold off with the receipt for now then. I'll be very careful not to mention anything about who might have been driving in all correspondence.

We've not yet complained to the land owner yet. The car park is for a pub/bar that only operates late on friday/sat evenings. It's not open any other time. Used to be the cheapest and most flexible place to park in town until recently. That's changed for the worse.

I will certainly complain to the local MP too. Thanks for the tip.
    • Gin_Man
    • By Gin_Man 9th Jul 18, 9:26 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Gin_Man
    • 9th Jul 18, 9:26 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 9:26 PM
    Appeal registered.

Complaint sent to local MP.
    • Gin_Man
    • By Gin_Man 11th Jul 18, 12:07 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Gin_Man
    • 11th Jul 18, 12:07 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 12:07 PM
    Received an email this morning in response to the online appeal.

'We write to acknowledge receipt of your recent online appeal against the issuing of a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) to your vehicle.

Please be advised that on this occaison your appeal has been uplheld and the above PCN has now been cancelled. We have now removed your details from this PCN.'

Signed by the the appeals team, Premier Park Ltd.

Wow. Too simple?

Is the email sufficient. it's a no-reply email so I couldn't ask for it by letter anyway. I'm guessing the email is good enough? If so, many thanks to this forum and for the template used.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 18, 1:12 AM
    • 59,517 Posts
    • 72,689 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jul 18, 1:12 AM
    • 12th Jul 18, 1:12 AM
    Yay, well done, that's rare from PP!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• claxtome
    • By claxtome 12th Jul 18, 5:26 AM
    • 597 Posts
    • 707 Thanks
    claxtome
    • 12th Jul 18, 5:26 AM
    • 12th Jul 18, 5:26 AM
    Is the email sufficient. it's a no-reply email so I couldn't ask for it by letter anyway. I'm guessing the email is good enough? If so, many thanks to this forum and for the template used.
    I would say the email is enough but keep it just in case.
    If you are very paranoid you could phone up and ask whether PCN nnnnnn has been cleared.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jul 18, 8:46 AM
    • 18,384 Posts
    • 29,106 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Jul 18, 8:46 AM
    • 12th Jul 18, 8:46 AM
    I would say the email is enough but keep it just in case.
    If you are very paranoid you could phone up and ask whether PCN nnnnnn has been cleared.
    Originally posted by claxtome
    Why not go to their 'paymyparkingcharge' portal of their website and proceed as if you were going to pay the charge? That will give you the status of the ticket. Take a screenshot of the result. Screenshot every time you check it out.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,286Posts Today

6,271Users online

Martin's Twitter