Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RGun
    • By RGun 9th Jul 18, 5:51 PM
    • 47Posts
    • 4Thanks
    RGun
    Which Credit Card for a good saver...
    • 9th Jul 18, 5:51 PM
    Which Credit Card for a good saver... 9th Jul 18 at 5:51 PM
    Hi all,

In approximatley a year (possibly 2) I will be purchasing a new home, so naturally I will need to boost my credit score and have good credit.

I've been advised by my father to take out a credit card, use it wisely for the next 24 months or so and it'll boost my credit rating for when I attempt to purchase the home.

I went to my bank, Natwest, and their website has a credit card checker, I filled out my details and I was presented with a few credit cards.

If I use the credit card to pay for something like a Laptop, lets say the laptop cost 1,000, it would be ideal for me to pay 100ish or so per month over the next year and pay it off fully, I ideally don't want to pay back 1,200 on a 1,000 laptop.

I really would like a credit card where I pay back what I buy, not pay back more.
    I have a large amount of money saved up and I do not need the Credit Card for things such as emergency cash, or raking up air miles etc, simply for boosting the credit score, which one would you guys recommend?
Page 2
    • venison
    • By venison 9th Jul 18, 9:24 PM
    • 2,352 Posts
    • 2,584 Thanks
    venison
    OP you need to do a lot more reading and research into CC's. As others have said your credit "score" means nothing after all experian et al don't lend anybody any money.
    Former Board Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,400Posts Today

6,824Users online

Martin's Twitter