Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SkyFae
    • By SkyFae 9th Jul 18, 4:58 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SkyFae
    Mobile plan for 2 phones in 1 Bill for making phone calls only
    • 9th Jul 18, 4:58 PM
    Mobile plan for 2 phones in 1 Bill for making phone calls only 9th Jul 18 at 4:58 PM
    Help please, I'm trying to find out about getting a plan that I can share call time and texts allowance with my parents and pay for their mobile use as well as my own.

I've seen lots of information about group plans to share data use, but none of us use our mobiles for that.

My parents are currently on pay-as-you go top up card but they are finding it harder to find a shop to top up in and I want to make their life easier, also the top up card expires end August after 15 years. Until I read the small print on it I wasn't even aware top up cards could expire, I've always been on Contract.
Page 1
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 9th Jul 18, 7:14 PM
    • 9,379 Posts
    • 7,042 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:14 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:14 PM
    Phones can be topped up online or by debit card. It's by far the easiest way of doing it.
    • SkyFae
    • By SkyFae 9th Jul 18, 7:20 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SkyFae
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:20 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:20 PM
    unfortunately that wont help as my parents don't have a pc, and I want to combine our bills as they are elderly and starting to get a bit confused/forgetful.
    the mobile is for when they are out if something happens, like when they are at their allotment or something - I wanted to be able to know they always had credit in case they need to call for help or something.
    Last edited by SkyFae; 09-07-2018 at 7:23 PM. Reason: better wording
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 9th Jul 18, 8:17 PM
    • 9,379 Posts
    • 7,042 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 9th Jul 18, 8:17 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 8:17 PM
    But you could be topping up their phones with your card
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 10th Jul 18, 12:46 AM
    • 2,103 Posts
    • 1,291 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    • 10th Jul 18, 12:46 AM
    • 10th Jul 18, 12:46 AM
    What's your budget? Two sim-only contracts on one account might work. If porting two numbers you could negotiate a deal.
    • SkyFae
    • By SkyFae 10th Jul 18, 6:43 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SkyFae
    • 10th Jul 18, 6:43 AM
    • 10th Jul 18, 6:43 AM
    I hadn't thought about Budget, but up to 20 a month would be ok. I would definitely be porting one number and would happily port mine as well if it meant getting a grouped bill or shared call time.

it's all about making life simpler for them and me not having to worry that they would need the phone with it having no credit in it, also I don't know if their phone will just stop working after the August date on the top up card. its not an eTop up and I've found it hard to get information online about this type of card, I guess its so old that the mobile phones webpages don't mention it in the help pages anymore
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 10th Jul 18, 8:11 AM
    • 2,103 Posts
    • 1,291 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    • 10th Jul 18, 8:11 AM
    • 10th Jul 18, 8:11 AM
    EE might just about manage that. I now have 3 sims on EE at 10.99 each with one bill. We all get unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and pool a huge amount of data (I also get extra for having EE broadband) Listed price was more, but I'm a longstanding customer and they offered me a deal. You could go for a more limited plan for your parents, if they don't need unlimited, rather than sharing.

I think sharing may be defunct, because the default seems to be unlimited minutes and texts for most people now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,676Posts Today

7,051Users online

Martin's Twitter