Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Nick T
    • By Former MSE Nick T 9th Jul 18, 4:07 PM
    • 51Posts
    • 41Thanks
    Former MSE Nick T
    0 WOW
    Airport Water Fountains - are they a thing?
    • 9th Jul 18, 4:07 PM
    0 WOW
    Airport Water Fountains - are they a thing? 9th Jul 18 at 4:07 PM
    Hey everyone
    Currently looking at updating our guide on airport water fountains, saving everyone a bit of cash by filling up your own water bottles.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/travel-tips/#water

Just wanted to put the feelers out, has anyone been to an airport in the UK that doesn't have a water fountain? If so, how did you get on filling up your water bottle?

Cheers
Page 1
    • z1a
    • By z1a 9th Jul 18, 6:09 PM
    • 1,560 Posts
    • 1,537 Thanks
    z1a
    • 9th Jul 18, 6:09 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 6:09 PM
    If you need to save money on water, you can't afford to go anywhere, IMO.
    • Ballard
    • By Ballard 9th Jul 18, 6:18 PM
    • 2,076 Posts
    • 1,954 Thanks
    Ballard
    • 9th Jul 18, 6:18 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 6:18 PM
    If you need to save money on water, you can't afford to go anywhere, IMO.
    Originally posted by z1a
    It can be convenient to fill a bottle once you’re past security and I try to avoid paying over the odds for water. Nothing wrong with saving a pound or more even if you can afford to fly.
    I hate verisimilitude.
    • BarryBlue
    • By BarryBlue 9th Jul 18, 7:10 PM
    • 3,407 Posts
    • 11,339 Thanks
    BarryBlue
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:10 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:10 PM
    It can be convenient to fill a bottle once you’re past security and I try to avoid paying over the odds for water. Nothing wrong with saving a pound or more even if you can afford to fly.
    Originally posted by Ballard
    I absolutely agree. I will simply not pay for just plain water, it is something you can get from a tap. Bottled water is one of the three biggest con tricks played on the public.

Airports do like to hide the drinking fountains in dark corners where they can, but I use them to fill empty bottles. It's nothing to do with 'affording' water, it's about not being ripped off. And this is MSE after all.
    We're gonna be alright, dancin' on a Saturday night
    • zagfles
    • By zagfles 9th Jul 18, 7:46 PM
    • 13,534 Posts
    • 11,493 Thanks
    zagfles
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:46 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:46 PM
    Just ask at a bar. I've done loads of times and never been refused.
    • comeandgo
    • By comeandgo 9th Jul 18, 8:10 PM
    • 2,256 Posts
    • 3,062 Thanks
    comeandgo
    • 9th Jul 18, 8:10 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 8:10 PM
    Was in Stansted and asked for a glass of iced tap water. Got it and drank some and poured rest into bottle.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,210Posts Today

8,117Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin