Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deanclarke123
    • By deanclarke123 9th Jul 18, 1:46 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    deanclarke123
    John Lennon Airport VCS - PCN appeal
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:46 PM
    John Lennon Airport VCS - PCN appeal 9th Jul 18 at 1:46 PM
    Hi All,

I originally appealed as per the noobie thread and have received the following:

We refer to correspondence received from you concerning the above numbered Charge Notice.
    Please note that responsibility for this Charge lies with the driver of the vehicle at the time the contravention was
    observed. However, we are unable to ascertain who the driver was on the date in questions from the information
    given within your appeal.
    In order for us to process your appeal correctly, please follow the instructions below:
    1. Notify the driver of the vehicle that they will need to appeal to us directly, including their FULL NAME (Forename
    and Surname) and a valid FULL SERVICEABLE ADDRESS within 14 days.
    2. If you are representing the driver we require a signed and dated statement from the driver of the vehicle confirming
    that you are authorised to appeal on his/her behalf; this needs to be an original signature and not a photocopy.

How do i proceed from here?
Page 1
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 9th Jul 18, 1:56 PM
    • 3,769 Posts
    • 6,181 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:56 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:56 PM
    2. If you are representing the driver we require a signed and dated statement from the driver of the vehicle confirming that you are authorised to appeal on his/her behalf; this needs to be an original signature and not a photocopy.
    It's not usually advisable to do this unless there is a good reason. Is there?
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • deanclarke123
    • By deanclarke123 9th Jul 18, 2:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    deanclarke123
    • 9th Jul 18, 2:19 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 2:19 PM
    Don't know who was the driver..
    Last edited by deanclarke123; 09-07-2018 at 3:27 PM. Reason: advised too
  • hap397
    • 9th Jul 18, 2:42 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 2:42 PM
    Would suggest you edit your post not to reveal the identity of the driver in line with the guidance
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 9th Jul 18, 3:02 PM
    • 2,154 Posts
    • 2,607 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 9th Jul 18, 3:02 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 3:02 PM
    edit your post above saying who was driving VCS and others read those posts

suggest you write back and say you have now notified the driver , ,,,, goodbye
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • deanclarke123
    • By deanclarke123 9th Jul 18, 3:29 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    deanclarke123
    • 9th Jul 18, 3:29 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 3:29 PM
    Hi I don't get what you mean i'm afraid
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 12:04 AM
    • 63,875 Posts
    • 76,531 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jul 18, 12:04 AM
    • 11th Jul 18, 12:04 AM
    Ignore this; come back at court stage, where these cases are won most of the time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,737Posts Today

6,504Users online

Martin's Twitter