Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Seb03
    • By Seb03 9th Jul 18, 1:10 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Seb03
    Parking fine by park direct uk
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:10 PM
    Parking fine by park direct uk 9th Jul 18 at 1:10 PM
    Please advice.
    I appealed a parking fine in a private car park and got rejected.reason given ĎI was stationary for 2 minutes and as per court ruling I have to payí.
    I got lost and was on middle of road trying to pick up someone at a dropped pin the person had sent me.isince I was on the road I got into this parking place without realising itís paid car park and when I got into the bay I quickly googled the location I am supposed to go .meanwhile realised itís paid parking so backed off and left.As per their reply I was stationary for 2 mins.since I havenít paid after my appeal was rejected,now I have received another letter saying they would take me to court or send recovery guys and given me 7 days.
    What options do I have please.i read through newbies guide but still unsure what to do.
    Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 9th Jul 18, 1:18 PM
    • 3,207 Posts
    • 2,120 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:18 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:18 PM
    Did they give you a POPLA number? If so, go to POPLA before the deadline and make your points using information from the NEWBIES sticky, particularly grace periods.

It's not a FINE, it's an invoice. You were not driving, the driver was and the keeper appealed. You might want to edit your OP unless of course you have admitted being the driver.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 18, 10:16 PM
    • 61,472 Posts
    • 74,366 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jul 18, 10:16 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 10:16 PM
    No it's an IPC firm:

https://theipc.info/aos-members/p

No idea why you don't know what to do re an IPC firm PCN, they are all the same. I'm a bit fed up with people who keep asking what the 'next step' is with a stupid IPC firm PCN. Why do people want a next step, what's wrong with the section about ignoring debt collector laughable letters?

I have received another letter saying they would take me to court or send recovery guys and given me 7 days.
    You need to read letters better. No bailiffs 'recovery guys' can be sent round...they are talking only about tedious debt collector threatograms (to be ignored) as per post #4 of the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Half_way
    • By Half_way 10th Jul 18, 10:50 PM
    • 4,268 Posts
    • 6,057 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 10th Jul 18, 10:50 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 10:50 PM
    What court ruling do they state? Beavis?

Do you have it in writing about being in the car park for 2 minutes?
    Whose car park was it?

If it was beavis, and if you have the 2 minute stop in writing then it would be extremely advantageous to you, and not so good news for the car park owner
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Seb03
    • By Seb03 12th Jul 18, 7:23 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Seb03
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:23 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:23 PM
    Thank you.Company is parkdirectuk.yes they mentioned stopping as parking as per courts.Also mentioned the time I was stationary which is 2 minutes
    • Seb03
    • By Seb03 12th Jul 18, 7:27 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Seb03
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:27 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:27 PM
    Thanks
    No mention of POPLA.only mention if I opt for IAS appeals process,all evidence collected would be forwarded to them
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jul 18, 7:30 PM
    • 37,266 Posts
    • 21,418 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:30 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:30 PM
    The Newbies FAQ thread does explain what to do when dealing with IPC companies

Have you read it?

You now are in the debt collectors stage. See #4 of the FAQ
    • Seb03
    • By Seb03 12th Jul 18, 7:32 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Seb03
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:32 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:32 PM
    Sorry they mentioned about debt recovery company and I am ignoring their letter
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    • 37,266 Posts
    • 21,418 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    So have you read up on dealing with IPC companies in the FAQ??

You should have known no Popla and that you would get a rejection

You ignore everything now except a lbcca or Court correspondence!
    Last edited by Quentin; 12-07-2018 at 7:41 PM.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 12th Jul 18, 8:10 PM
    • 1,775 Posts
    • 2,243 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    "parked for 2 minutes" , OK , how long were you on there land for , if this was ANPR cameras at entry / exit it would have captured those times not time parked , are there 2 clear timed photos showing you enter / exit?
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Seb03
    • By Seb03 8th Aug 18, 12:42 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Seb03
    Sorry I was away on a month holiday.Just got back and I see mail from debt recovery plus giving me final date for payment.yes I will ignore this except court correspondence.hope it never comes to that.Thank you
    • Seb03
    • By Seb03 8th Aug 18, 12:44 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Seb03
    Sorry for late reply.I was on holiday.yes 2 photos with less than 2 mins time stamp on them.I believe this photos are taken manually and not automatically at entry and exit
    • Seb03
    • By Seb03 8th Aug 18, 12:47 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Seb03
    Yes I have in writing about 2 mins being stationary in the car park
    Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,650Posts Today

4,354Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin