Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Phil555
    • By Phil555 9th Jul 18, 12:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Phil555
    New Build Mortgage Lenders
    • 9th Jul 18, 12:37 PM
    New Build Mortgage Lenders 9th Jul 18 at 12:37 PM
    Hi all, my name is Phil & I am new to the Forum but not the site as I use this for good info sources etc.

I wonder if anyone can help me out please.

I am looking at a new build house and I am looking at who the best lenders are at the minute that will accept a 10% deposit?

I am working with an Independent Broker too but just want see what peoples experiences have been.

Thanks & regards,

Phil.
Page 1
    • ctlfc
    • By ctlfc 9th Jul 18, 1:12 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    ctlfc
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:12 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:12 PM
    Hello

I bought a new build 18 months ago with a 90% LTV mortgage with Halifax. The low deposit was very restrictive and meant I could only borrow from a very small amount of lenders and couldn't get anymore than a 2 year fix. I read somewhere recently that Virgin are currently offering mortgages of 90% LTV on new build properties and their rates seem quite competitive. I doubt there'll be much I, or anyone else on here can tell you that a broker can't but this is the experience I had.

The product I got was 3% interest and expires this December.

Thanks
    • jennhg88
    • By jennhg88 9th Jul 18, 1:18 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    jennhg88
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:18 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:18 PM
    Trust your independent broker to find you the best deal for your circumstances.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,529Posts Today

9,025Users online

Martin's Twitter