Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vkw_69
    • By vkw_69 9th Jul 18, 11:01 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    vkw_69
    Euro Car Parks Rejection
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:01 AM
    Euro Car Parks Rejection 9th Jul 18 at 11:01 AM
    Newbie and have read the newbie post but wonder if someone could help me out.

My rejection email only stated the time I was over in the car park, (3 mins) and a sign to show the maximum allowed time. No photographic evidence at all. How will I win the POPLA appeal with no photos? Or will it help me in the long run?

Is it worth me taking it further with POPLA or just hanging fire and ignoring?

Its my company car so would prefer ECP to not send debt letters to work and or bailiff letter as the boss may call a code brown at me but Im happy to do as advised if its legit not going to bring the debt collectors to work!!
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Jul 18, 11:06 AM
    • 37,008 Posts
    • 83,620 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:06 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:06 AM
    The advice to ignore has not been given on this site since the law changed in 2012.

If you have a PoPLA code, use it. Use all the template appeal points available to you from post 3 of the NEWBIES. Grace periods (note the plural) will feature prominently in your appeal.
    Take your own pics of the entrance and signage at the car park in question.

If your initial appeal was made in your name as day to day keeper, then your employer should never see anything. Did you give away the driver's identity in your initial appeal? I hope not.

Debt collectors have no powers and can be ignored. They can't turn up at your door, or at work.
    There will be no bailiffs unless you lose in court and fail to pay, but you are nowhere near that.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 09-07-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jul 18, 11:14 AM
    • 18,355 Posts
    • 29,050 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:14 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:14 AM
    Its my company car so would prefer ECP to not send debt letters to work and or bailiff letter
    Are ECP communicating directly with you or via your employer?

My rejection email only stated the time I was over in the car park, (3 mins) and a sign to show the maximum allowed time.
    If ECP are saying that your vehicle overstayed by just 3 minutes then they have not applied the minimum Grace Period of 10 minutes, which is a winning appeal point at POPLA.

Is it worth me taking it further with POPLA
    Why not? It's pretty much a risk-free opportunity to kill this off.

or just hanging fire and ignoring?
    Definitely not. While ECP are not currently litigious, where similar PPCs have become litigious, it's often their back-catalogue of ignored claims they commence with. They have 6 years to sue, and, like me, you have no idea how they might behave between tomorrow and 2024!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • vkw_69
    • By vkw_69 9th Jul 18, 11:19 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    vkw_69
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:19 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:19 AM

If your initial appeal was made in your name as day to day keeper, then your employer should never see anything. Did you give away the driver's identity in your initial appeal? I hope not.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    No, I took the advice from the newbie post and did it as the "registered keeper" My boss wont actually throw a wobbler, I can handle him really, just would prefer not to receive debt letters.

Thanks for the advice, Im slightly concerned I will make a hash of it and lose the appeal! I shall go back to the newbie post and read up on the appeal process. Thanks again
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Jul 18, 11:30 AM
    • 7,781 Posts
    • 10,364 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:30 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:30 AM
    No, I took the advice from the newbie post and did it as the "registered keeper" My boss wont actually throw a wobbler, I can handle him really, just would prefer not to receive debt letters.

Thanks for the advice, Im slightly concerned I will make a hash of it and lose the appeal! I shall go back to the newbie post and read up on the appeal process. Thanks again
    Originally posted by vkw_69
    As said by Umkomaas ...... it's the grace period that they
    have ignored that POPLA cannot ignore

Why don't you take your own pictures to rip their case apart

Regarding debt collectors .... forget these morons and find
    out why ..... here ...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74439905#post74439905
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Jul 18, 11:55 AM
    • 37,008 Posts
    • 83,620 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:55 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by vkw_69
    If the appeal was in your name with your address, then your boss will never see anything to do with this. Well, they shouldn't. If they do then there will be a whole raft of complaints for you to send out.

Just take it steady and follow the tried and tested methods you will find in the NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 18, 7:47 PM
    • 59,463 Posts
    • 72,628 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jul 18, 7:47 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 7:47 PM
    So did you appeal as 'the company'?

That makes for a decent POPLA appeal as per others I have no time to dig out.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

1,477Users online

Martin's Twitter