Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • henrygregory
    • By henrygregory 9th Jul 18, 10:20 AM
    • 471Posts
    • 51Thanks
    henrygregory
    New House Snagging List for Builders
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:20 AM
    New House Snagging List for Builders 9th Jul 18 at 10:20 AM
    Hi there, I have purchased a shared ownership new build and moved one week ago.

The shared ownership Housing Association has told me the builders are coming in this week and I should have a list of snagging items ready for them. Can't say I have ever done this, but have been around the house and found the following issues. Do these all seem ok, or are some of them not worth the bother?

Several hinges have screws protruding where they have not been screwed in fully and many have pozi sheared off:

Lots of yellow marks on almost all skirting boards, I am assuming from some sort of adhesive which was applied to it to protect carpet when painting? Doesn't seem to be scrubbing off.

Damage to some of the double glazing window panels

Only one bedroom door has a door stopper, both bathroom and other bedroom door do not.

Quite a few issues in bathroom with sealant not being applied, blue colouring in silicone sealant that doesn't wash off, and ends to tiles that don't look quite right

Chips and marks on some doors which does not wash off

Ceiling craks and screw pops on both bedroom ceilings

Access panels not secured to wall

Rubber seal compromised on glazed door
    https://s15.postimg.cc/kvmjxa13v/Photo_09-07-2018_08_11_44_-_Copy.jpg

Door step grazed and scratched to badly and weatherproofing rubber strip damaged

Carpet in lounge is not secured where lounge finishes and wooden step below french doors start resulting in carpet curling back slightly and underlay being visible

There are a few others items which don't need pics such as window handles not working, so windows can't be opened, media panel in lounge hanging off of wall, paint splatters all over kitchen appliances, and a shower which often gives out cold water even though taps are fine, so thermostat related issue.

Any help on this would be great.
Page 1
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 9th Jul 18, 10:28 AM
    • 943 Posts
    • 1,153 Thanks
    need an answer
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:28 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:28 AM
    Your list looks good to me,best of luck getting a resolution.
    Those are the types of issues I would happily bring up if it were me being offered the opportunity to discuss.

some will be fixable and some will just have to be lived with.
    See how the meeting goes
    in S 37 T 58 F 58
    out S 52 T 61 F 66
    2017 -32
    • henrygregory
    • By henrygregory 9th Jul 18, 10:37 AM
    • 471 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    henrygregory
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:37 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:37 AM
    Your list looks good to me,best of luck getting a resolution.
    Those are the types of issues I would happily bring up if it were me being offered the opportunity to discuss.

some will be fixable and some will just have to be lived with.
    See how the meeting goes
    Originally posted by need an answer
    Thanks so much. Wasn't sure if I was being too picky, or leaving things out. The more I look, the more I find, so need to draw a line somewhere!
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 9th Jul 18, 10:39 AM
    • 943 Posts
    • 1,153 Thanks
    need an answer
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:39 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:39 AM
    Perhaps if the list gets too long then prioritise them into those you really need fixing and those that are less important.

I cant believe a carpet fitter hasn't heard of a gripper rod there are some good ones now that edge up to different surfaces to secure the carpet!
    Last edited by need an answer; 09-07-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    in S 37 T 58 F 58
    out S 52 T 61 F 66
    2017 -32
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 9th Jul 18, 10:50 AM
    • 24,420 Posts
    • 51,564 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:50 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:50 AM
    Blimey, that's some shoddy work.
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 9th Jul 18, 10:55 AM
    • 8,565 Posts
    • 9,021 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:55 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:55 AM
    If you have a search on the forum you should find some previous threads including examples of "professional" snagging lists, which can be quite detailed/picky - the stuff you've highlighted look like reasonable complaints to me!
    • whatdoyouthink...
    • By whatdoyouthink... 9th Jul 18, 11:07 AM
    • 72 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    whatdoyouthink...
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:07 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:07 AM
    I used this check list from the NHBC to do my snagging when I moved in...

http://www.nhbc.co.uk/nhbcpublications/literaturelibrary/homeownerdocuments/filedownload,42392,en.pdf
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,948Posts Today

9,835Users online

Martin's Twitter