Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • eldaniel
    • By eldaniel 9th Jul 18, 10:02 AM
    • 230Posts
    • 90Thanks
    eldaniel
    Critical Illness Cover refused due to misdiagnosis. What can I do?
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:02 AM
    Critical Illness Cover refused due to misdiagnosis. What can I do? 9th Jul 18 at 10:02 AM
    Hi,
    Back in Oct 2012 I had a 2 short spells when my vision was blurred when I woke up for up to 30 min at a time. I was sent to Opthomologist. He could not find anything. Sent me for ECG which came back fine too. That was end of the story. I was under impression that everything is fine because no further tests were conducted. Since then I never had a problem with blurred vision again. I applied for CIC few months ago. Reported all the problems, they contacted GP for further details and on the report it says "Provisional diagnosis: Amaurosis fugax". I was never told about this provisional diagnosis. Reading about it this is something which can lead to blindness, stroke etc. But also should be treated! With me they have done a ECG which came back fine and I am guessing they concluded that it is not that, nor nothing serious and did not do any further action.

Now the question is what can I do about it? Because if I really have it I should be treated for that. If I don't which seems to be correct can I request it to be corrected by the GP or Opthomologist. I feel I am the one who loose out now because Opthomologist was playing a guessing game.

Another option is to wait few months until 5 years passes and then most insureres won't ask for anything which was over 5 years ago.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 9th Jul 18, 10:06 AM
    • 95,773 Posts
    • 63,468 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:06 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:06 AM
    You should post this in the insurance section as it is off-topic for this section. Or perhaps a section dealing on health as its not really an insurance question but health-related.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • eldaniel
    • By eldaniel 9th Jul 18, 10:09 AM
    • 230 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    eldaniel
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:09 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:09 AM
    You should post this in the insurance section as it is off-topic for this section. Or perhaps a section dealing on health as its not really an insurance question but health-related.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    I thought this is the only insurance section and critical illness cover is a form of insurance. I knew it is a long shot but considering knowledge of people on this forum I thought it is worth trying.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 9th Jul 18, 10:31 AM
    • 95,773 Posts
    • 63,468 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:31 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:31 AM
    I thought this is the only insurance section and critical illness cover is a form of insurance. I knew it is a long shot but considering knowledge of people on this forum I thought it is worth trying.
    Originally posted by eldaniel
    This is the missale section for PPI. There is a section on insurance further down the board. Scroll down and it's near the end of the essential money section.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • eldaniel
    • By eldaniel 9th Jul 18, 11:34 AM
    • 230 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    eldaniel
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:34 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:34 AM
    how do I delete that post? thanks
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 9th Jul 18, 12:25 PM
    • 95,773 Posts
    • 63,468 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 9th Jul 18, 12:25 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 12:25 PM
    Don't worry. This one will just die naturally once we stop posting replies!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

524Posts Today

5,609Users online

Martin's Twitter