Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pt1974
    • By pt1974 9th Jul 18, 9:57 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pt1974
    Appalling Arnold Clark/Citroen Service
    • 9th Jul 18, 9:57 AM
    Appalling Arnold Clark/Citroen Service 9th Jul 18 at 9:57 AM
    My 2016 Cactus C4 which has been fully service went into limp mode on 26th June 20 mins from our destination, we were recovered and was advised it was probably a spark plug issue.
    The car was recovered to Arnold Clark Citroen Linwood, Glasgow and the said that it would be looked at and they'd call us. The call came that it was spark plugs and that the recommendations were an oil & filter change as well as front brakes & discs. We agreed to all the work being done for a bill cira 480. An few hours later we got a call saying are you sitting down! The issue remains and that cylinder 1 has failed on the 2 year old engine and that a new engine under warranty is needed. We asked Arnold Clark for a courtesy car but they had none available & still don't. They advised we contact Citroen, which we did but were told that we'd have to hire our own and the'd repay up to 15 a day in car hire fees for a minimum of 2 weeks.
    We contacted various companies but were looking at 30 a day up over as well as 1500 security deposit/insurance waiver, which we simply couldn't afford. We took this back to Citroen whom basically said tough we are not supplying a car direct as we don't do it.
    Its now nearly 10 days on and have been told that the repair maybe done this week but we still have to pay for the oil change/filter and spark plugs on the old engine.
    Is this right ? Can I ask for these parts in hand if they insist on me paying for them as they would automatically come on a new engine.
    You'd think a companies as large as Citroen & Arnold Clark would treat their customers better especially with a car still under warranty.
Page 1
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 9th Jul 18, 11:15 AM
    • 24,352 Posts
    • 51,457 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:15 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:15 AM
    You'd think a companies as large as Citroen & Arnold Clark would treat their customers better especially with a car still under warranty.
    Originally posted by pt1974
    Yes, but not Arnold Shark themselves.
    • Arklight
    • By Arklight 9th Jul 18, 11:22 AM
    • 1,355 Posts
    • 2,173 Thanks
    Arklight
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:22 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:22 AM
    Has anyone got anything good to say About Arnold-Clarke?
    • wgl2014
    • By wgl2014 9th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    • 698 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    wgl2014
    • 9th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    I'd suggest arguing that the oil/ filter and plugs were only agreed to following AC making an incorrect diagnosis of the problem.

Just pondering, was an oil service missed hence the recommendation? If so I might be less inclined to push things.
    • oldhand
    • By oldhand 9th Jul 18, 5:37 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 7,358 Thanks
    oldhand
    • 9th Jul 18, 5:37 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 5:37 PM
    Has anyone got anything good to say About Arnold-Clarke?
    Originally posted by Arklight
    Yes,they don't have a garage in my town..
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 9th Jul 18, 7:03 PM
    • 1,779 Posts
    • 1,557 Thanks
    eschaton
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:03 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:03 PM
    In the past I would sometimes stick up for Arnold Clark, but most of that goodwill was gained from overall good service from their Mount Vernon Peugeot branch. They really were good.

My last experience was with their Seafield Peugeot branch along with their Head Office customer services. That experience underlined to me that they really couldn't give a !!!! about their customer.

For that reason, I bought my last car from elsewhere after previously buying 8 cars from them, 7 new and one ex demo.

I'll never ever recommend them again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,241Posts Today

6,959Users online

Martin's Twitter