Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marie hc
    • By marie hc 9th Jul 18, 9:18 AM
    • 54Posts
    • 0Thanks
    marie hc
    HELP Change solicitor car injury claim
    • 9th Jul 18, 9:18 AM
    HELP Change solicitor car injury claim 9th Jul 18 at 9:18 AM
    I had accident Third party (TP) rear ended me, taken to court I was eventually told driving without due car and attention so fined and apparently cost awrded to me..

I have beenusing a solictor but now he is closing his business quite soon.. the solicitor acting for me.. it is an independant but on the 25% agreement ...

I am near the end of my 3 years solicitor did find firm who he arranged to take case on but they now dont want it.

problem I now have is finding a new solicitor as the frim he found was very far from me.

So what my problems are
    1. he has said find another solicitor an one who will pay him his cost to date
    2. he hasn't mentioned the 25% he says get another solicitor to explain
    3. when i ring other solicitors they wont explain agreement and dont want to take on.

Injuries were i impact the steering head my head was swollen for three months bruising suffering in paon with abcess which dentist tried to fix and failed...no memory of the event.
    Medical examination was done last August

do you have any ideas how i could engage another solicitor just to save me time.. the area I live is Warwickshire... thanks for you time anyway..
    Last edited by marie hc; 09-07-2018 at 9:20 AM. Reason: CHANGED TITLE
Page 1
    • debtdebt
    • By debtdebt 9th Jul 18, 5:37 PM
    • 640 Posts
    • 418 Thanks
    debtdebt
    • 9th Jul 18, 5:37 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 5:37 PM
    Contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/solicitor-closed-down.page
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,038Posts Today

8,440Users online

Martin's Twitter