Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thermal2844
    • By thermal2844 9th Jul 18, 6:34 AM
    • 108Posts
    • 104Thanks
    thermal2844
    Kitchen outfitters with a quick turnaround time?
    • 9th Jul 18, 6:34 AM
    Kitchen outfitters with a quick turnaround time? 9th Jul 18 at 6:34 AM
    Is there a way that we could have a kitchen delivered and fitted within three weeks? Or is that not remotely possible?
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 9th Jul 18, 6:51 AM
    • 33,324 Posts
    • 39,305 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 9th Jul 18, 6:51 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 6:51 AM
    Off shelf units , find a skilled carpenter to fit possibly

But unlikely, it's summer holiday season
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • thermal2844
    • By thermal2844 9th Jul 18, 7:08 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    thermal2844
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:08 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:08 AM
    Bah yeah I am probably dreaming...looks like I will be getting a kitchen fitted (and re tiled) after we move. I wanted to avoid the circus that will be managing three dogs at the same time
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 9th Jul 18, 7:19 AM
    • 2,774 Posts
    • 1,829 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:19 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:19 AM
    Don't rush into this and make hasty decisions that you will regret later. Live in the house for a while.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • FreeBear
    • By FreeBear 9th Jul 18, 11:40 AM
    • 1,737 Posts
    • 2,510 Thanks
    FreeBear
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:40 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:40 AM
    Is there a way that we could have a kitchen delivered and fitted within three weeks? Or is that not remotely possible?
    Originally posted by thermal2844
    That would depend on how much plumbing and/or electrics is required along with plastering, tiling, flooring, and any remedial work needed once the old kitchen has been removed. There is the chance that damp problems are found behind the existing units or that the floor needs to be completely removed - All will take time.

Three weeks from start to finish with the expectation of a quality job is probably asking too much - I'm assuming you are wanting to start the job now as apposed to six months time - The reputable fitters will have their order books full, and many of them will be wanting to take time out for a holiday.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
    • phill99
    • By phill99 9th Jul 18, 2:08 PM
    • 8,129 Posts
    • 7,354 Thanks
    phill99
    • 9th Jul 18, 2:08 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 2:08 PM
    I fit kitchens for a living. I don't advertise. I am normally 3 -4 months ahead.
    The guys that are available now, by and large are the ones to avoid. Occasionally we'll get a cancellation and can do something short notice but very rare.

Investment in a kitchen is something you want to do at your leisure. Not a forced decision. I've had kitchens where its taken 6 weeks just to get the design right.

If you mess it up, you'll live with it for a long, long time.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 9th Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    • 2,930 Posts
    • 2,036 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 9th Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    I've had kitchens where its taken 6 weeks just to get the design right.
    Originally posted by phill99
    6 weeks? I always think about it for years before doing anything! It's lucky I don't have to make a living at it.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 9th Jul 18, 7:48 PM
    • 8,294 Posts
    • 9,217 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:48 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 7:48 PM
    Three weeks from start to finish with the expectation of a quality job is probably asking too much
    Originally posted by FreeBear
    Mine's taken about three years and is a !!!!! job.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

122Posts Today

1,367Users online

Martin's Twitter