Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 9th Jul 18, 1:07 AM
    • 1,671Posts
    • 18,453Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Old Style Daily Monday 9th July
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:07 AM
    Old Style Daily Monday 9th July 9th Jul 18 at 1:07 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Page 2
    • Floss
    • By Floss 9th Jul 18, 12:20 PM
    • 4,903 Posts
    • 45,645 Thanks
    Floss
    LW am sending some relaxing vibes and a virtual hug from my spa break xx
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 9th Jul 18, 1:18 PM
    • 2,493 Posts
    • 31,243 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Thinking of you LW love and light to you both x
    • Gers
    • By Gers 9th Jul 18, 1:22 PM
    • 6,786 Posts
    • 44,588 Thanks
    Gers
    Afternoon all.

RosyRed - such a blow for your friend. I hope things turn out well. I'm amazed at the length of your friendship!

LW - I'm sending you good vibes too to ward off nasty things.

My DM is still in hospital. Yesterday she could barely eat, her heart rate remains elevated and her BP remains low. I'm hoping for better news when I go in shortly. I've decided to take the bus there this time, parking is so difficult and I've got my old biddy pass. We get it at 60 still in Scotland.

Happy remains of Monday.
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 9th Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    • 4,185 Posts
    • 30,540 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    Sending much love LW and much needed strength. Also get well soon wishes for GERS' DM. Sad news re your friend ROSYRED. x ps I can equal your friendship with your friend. My oldest friend and I also met at school when we were 7, went on to grammar school together, watched each other's boyfriends come and go and remained friends throughout our child rearing days and even worked together for 28 years!! Since retirement we meet up every month or so for a coffee, cake and catch up. 65 years of friendship must nearly be a record! x

Another ps this time said with a grrr! Went down to town to Boots specially for Mr TA's nutri drinks and guess what! Got the Fortisip ok but the Aymes shakes not! Can I go back tomorrow! I despair of the service you get everywhere these days. Can't anybody do their job right?!! Rant over - for now!
    Last edited by TravellingAbuela; 09-07-2018 at 2:11 PM.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • Elona
    • By Elona 9th Jul 18, 2:28 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 3,544 Thanks
    Elona
    LW

Sending love and light and positive vibes and the hope that "it" is treatable and not as serious as feared.

RosyRed

I am so sorry to hear about your friend and hope that she recovers soon.

Gers

I hope the news about your Mum is better when you visit today and that she recovers her appetite etc.

It seems much cooler today so I am having a quiet day with my feet up, watching tv and sorting out a few things for a charity bag. I had a late brunch of sausage, beans and bacon and have taken a couple of home made frozen meals out out the freezer for later.

My older dd is popping round tomorrow to have a baking session so she has healthy things in the freezer to grab once she has given birth and come home. Recycling is tomorrow so I want to take out the boxes ready for them.

Hugs to all
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 9th Jul 18, 2:41 PM
    • 3,914 Posts
    • 49,964 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Huge hugs to LW, Gers, Rosy and the TA's
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • Lindsay C
    • By Lindsay C 9th Jul 18, 2:50 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 509 Thanks
    Lindsay C
    Hello all

Mrs TA -how frustrating! One day one will talk to the other (hasn't happened yet in my experience)

LW Boo cat sends licks and purrs (yes I have a licky cat!)

Nelski- I'm off to Blackpool next weekend. A few of us go for the darts

Hugs to all I've missed - slight brainfog today...

Well I'm off work sick. Stress and this weather has got to me and fatigue has majorly kicked in. OH is also away fishing for the week haven't seen anyone since Saturday morning when he left sorry for the moans I'm a bit tired, fed up and alone.

Got shopping coming tonight and I hope I get everything as the fridge is looking a bit sparse! Fresh stuff is going off so quickly at the moment.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 9th Jul 18, 3:11 PM
    • 16,404 Posts
    • 140,217 Thanks
    JackieO
    Hi chums another scorcher this afternoon am sitting with a cuppa awiting my DGS coming in from school.

RosyRed sorry to hear about your friend but the outlook is so much more positive today than it was a few years ago I am now into my 11th year since my treatment and although its left me with an impaired immune system and a bit of a wonky arm due to lymphodema I am alive and kicking and the survival rate is around 90% and an early diagnose is the best thing of all.I know its very worrying but look on the positive isde if you can. I have everything crossed for your friend There is so much help available now and the nurses in the clinics are amazing

JackieO xx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus. 2018:Food Budget only( 1st Oct £30.96,15 Oct £14.28 total for month £45.24,) Total end of October since Jan £307.43
  • archived user
    LW we are here if you need to talk. Love to you both. Thinking of Gers Mum, Rosyreds friend and the TAs.
    • csarina2
    • By csarina2 9th Jul 18, 4:09 PM
    • 2,319 Posts
    • 23,883 Thanks
    csarina2
    LW thinking of you today, sending extra hugs. We are here when you feel ready ti unload.
    • silver-oldie
    • By silver-oldie 9th Jul 18, 4:18 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 8,477 Thanks
    silver-oldie
    LW, Gers, Rosyred and her friend, TA and Mr TA you are all in my thoughts.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 9th Jul 18, 5:30 PM
    • 960 Posts
    • 13,032 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Hello all,
    I'm late again .
    It has been another hot day, 28 degrees, but not as hot as yesterday when it was 31 degrees . We had to have every fan going yesterday.
    Anyway today another door has been sorted, apart from it's handle. I was upgraded from go-fer to being able to use a screwdriver and a hammer . Mr Fix It said I don't have the right colour card for using power tools........ yet
    Earlier I did one load of washing and then filled the DW and put it on. I have also cleaned the bird feeder and wiped down the kitchen tops. The kitchen sink has been bleached and our water overflow (which was running ) has been stopped. It appears that the water pressure is extremely low and I am wondering if there has been a burst water pipe somewhere.
    We will be having a day away from the DIY tomorrow as I need to go to town.
    Tea tonight was a HM pasta bake from the freezer, followed by ice cream.
    Hope everyone has had a reasonably good Monday.
    Take care all and hugs to all the people having problems at the moment.
    PS Dad has just phoned to say that his water is off completely !
    Last edited by nannywindow; 09-07-2018 at 5:32 PM. Reason: ps
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • Gers
    • By Gers 9th Jul 18, 6:28 PM
    • 6,786 Posts
    • 44,588 Thanks
    Gers
    Why I thought sitting in a boiling hot stuffy bus full of other people on one of the hottest days known in Scotland was a good idea I'll never know! And of course it was the same coming back. In any other summer it would have been fine, brollies dripping rain onto wellies is OK.

My DM was showing signs of a little improvement today, she was able to walk the few steps to her bathroom and back unaided (apart from her stick and clinging onto things). She also got fairly animated about Boris resigning though her rant was much shorter than normal. The spin for me is 'I'm a little less despondent'. Good as it gets.

Meanwhile the sun shines on. I love Glasgow in sunshine. All the parks are full of people, children eating pokey hats and adults with various drinks. My mum lives next to the Botanic Gardens which has streams of people going in and coming out. Lovely to see.

I must drink some more water! Happy evening everyone.
    • meanmarie
    • By meanmarie 9th Jul 18, 9:02 PM
    • 5,023 Posts
    • 48,782 Thanks
    meanmarie
    Evening all,

Back from sunny Sardinia to an equally sunny Ireland, a countrywide hosepipe ban and a garden that looks more like a desert! It was a nice quiet break (no tv)!

Sorry to hear that so many people are coping with illness of loved ones.......good wishes to Gers and her DM, Mr & Mrs TA, the LWs, Rubyred and her old friend and anyone else I may have forgotten.

Still haven't got used to all the noise in my over populated house, but will get there.

Sleep well everybody

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

277Posts Today

3,502Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thank you to the team at the Westen eye hospital a&e. I scratched my eye ball in my sleep, then woke up with pain.? https://t.co/VJMwQfsRxv

• I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Follow Martin