PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Monday 9th July

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone and thanks for the start Holly am not sure that I would have the nerve to ask about the sandals but worth the money if you do.

Cloudier today but still warm, am hoping for a little break in the really hot weather if only so that I can catch up on the housework, everything is a bit CBA here at the moment and am only doing just enough to keep things ticking over.
    This morning it’s a quick trip out to the shops for some more salady bits and to return a parcel, then over to see Lu later for a little gentle exercise.
    Thinking of Gers and her DM, hoping that she will be released from hospital soon, also of LW and her fella, BB to you both x

Have a good day folks x
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning playmates :wave:

Holly You can ask the question no harm in that £17 is a big difference but I wonder if they will say the cheaper stock is faulty which would explain the price. Go for it girl you are an MSE member after all:money:

AOD Never knowingly under glittered :rotfl: no one ever should be :D

Gers Hope there is good news from the hospital today

Jackie enjoy book club let us know what you're reading

Back from my mini break in Blackpool and can report a wonderfully wild time was had by all :) Ginfest was so good and we got to taste 8 different flavoured gins. My favourites were a rhubarb and ginger one and a parma violets one which is served with prosecco instead of tonic. Afternoon tea went down well and absorbed the excess alcohol :) Seems like a lot but it was over a long day/night so it was lovely to wake up on sunday hangover free.

Sunday was just amazing ...a real "made a memory" day. Like every where else it was one of the hottest days of the year with not a cloud to be seen morning to evening. Our hotel was just by the finish line of a big Manchester to Blackpool bike ride so we sat out all morning watching the very brave competitors dribble in ...how they did that in heat up to 30 degrees I dont know. After that we headed into Blackpool central on a tram :j havent been on one since Jackiemum and I were heading out for dinner all those years ago. We spent literally the rest the day at the seafood restaurant eating the most gorgeous food and enjoying prosecco and cocktails with the sun over the beach as a view and some great music from a festival opposite. All in all a perfect day and after arriving at midday we didn't leave till after 5pm :eek: oh and the tan is now dark chocolate :cool:

So back down to earth today lots of prep to do for the next 3 days of courses. House could now do with a proper bottoming but no chance in this already muggy heat. Washing from my trip in now and the baskets are soaked so that may well be the limit of house stuff for the day.

Food wise ...no idea atm but asda coming soon and I have some more of my new obsession feta cheese arriving so guessing it will be another salad

Have a lovely day all
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,671 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 July 2018 at 8:55AM
    We have had far more helicopters flying over us than usual and wondered why. Now we know. On the local news this morning it said a moorland fire has broken out just about 3 miles over the hill from us. Apparently the helicopters had been out regularly fire spotting and they alerted the fire service when they saw this had broken out. It's a separate moor to the ones by us so, hopefully, won't spread. So much moorland, and all the wildlife who make it their home, have been lost to fire in the north this year. Very sad.

ps double posting with NELSKI. That w/e sounds wonderful. I have a bottle of rhubarb and ginger gin that DD bought me. I didn't fancy it but, thanks to your recommendation, I think it's time I opened it! x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Good morning everyone,

A slightly later check-in for me as I actually forgot to set an alarm this morning! Fortunately I woke up in time for work, but not in time for the gym.

You may recall last week I said I had a date on Saturday. Well, it went well. But I'm not head over heels yet. She seems to really like me, perhaps too much as her eagerness to see each other again (and ASAP) is a bit overwhelming. Add into the mix she's a work colleague, from the same office, so I need to manage that in order not to burn any bridges.

Anyway, I need another coffee.

HH - I wouldn't. The colour and quality difference is enough to justify the higher price.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 July 2018 at 9:03AM
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

There is a cooling breeze this morning, very welcome, it was way too hot yesterday. We did go round to the little chapel, glasses of water provided which was nice. an energetic 'happy birthday' was sung to the lay preacher who runs the chapel at the beginning of the service and at the end when he blew out the candles on his cake.

We spent the afternoon and evening in the sitting room with the fan on. Even at 9pm the heat was lingering.

Load in the washer, will dry no problem today. Too hot for me to go into the sewing room though, the sun gets round the back in the afternoon, even with the curtains drawn it was hot yesterday.

Holly ....I am not sure I would have the cheek to take the sandals back..just because there is a pair in the sale does not mean they will sell the ones you return for sale price.

Gers....I hope your mum is feeling better and will soon be home again, how stupid to build a hospital with windows that do not open and no air con........

Eating light again today, we will finish off the quiche from last night with salad tonight. I have a bowl full of blackcurrants to freeze......resps were frozen last night. OH has picked just over 3lbs amd more to come.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,

Still glorious but a bit cooler I think & just a hint of smoke smell from the moors,I think because we are in a dip it seems to settle early morning and in the evening.

Gers hope your Mum is home soon xx
    LW hope you are ok xx

TA, hugs to both of you.Sorry to hear your best friend is moving away,I always liked hearing about your trips to Skipton.Hope your arm is better soon.
    I have had a horrendous bad back /shoulder,I had to sleep propped nearly upright last night.I think its a pulled muscle as I did do a lot of clearing a room/shifting stuff to the loft last week and felt a niggle but I sneezed on Saturday and it became a lot worse,hurts when I breathe in.Sent DH to the sm for ibuprofen yesterday so am dosing at regular intervals.Luckily the DGC dont come next until Wednesday now.

I had some awful news last week,my oldest friend has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and starts chemo this week.I haven't spoken to her,she got her DH to ring and tell me as she didnt feel she could .We met when we were 7 when she started at my school,then same secondary school. She went off to uni and I started work.She was my chief bridesmaid when we got married. She never came back to live in our hometown again but they did move to this side of the Pennines when she retired,and we have met up once a month since.We've just always been on the same wavelength,similar interests etc and I'm hoping and praying she'll be ok.

In other news we had a meeting at 1 of our neighbours houses last week to talk about our back garden problem. As it is only our next door neighbour who wants to remove all the fences/gardens we have decided to send a solicitors letter to challenge this before it can get to court.We scoured all our deeds and the maps that are with them and it seems the cottages owned the land before it ever became a back street so hoping there is a loophole in there somewhere but needs a legal mind to sort it. Next door must be mad,we've had so much pleasure sitting out there while its been so nice.All this because they fell out with the neighbours on the other side :mad:

Anyway sorry for the long post,see AOD you havent won the longest most boring post contest after all :rotfl:
    Hope you all have a good day xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

A slightly later check-in for me as I actually forgot to set an alarm this morning! Fortunately I woke up in time for work, but not in time for the gym.

You may recall last week I said I had a date on Saturday. Well, it went well. But I'm not head over heels yet. She seems to really like me, perhaps too much as her eagerness to see each other again (and ASAP) is a bit overwhelming. Add into the mix she's a work colleague, from the same office, so I need to manage that in order not to burn any bridges.

Living life dangerously aren't you Speky?
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to all those in need.

LW hoping to hear from you soon.

Still hot here, we may treat ourselves to lunch out today and I need to buy some more antihistamines I have two bites on my arm that are blistering.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Cheers, folks.

I'm still here, just reeling from the half tonne of !!!!!! the Universe just dumped on us.

Will talk more when I've taken it in and come a bit more to terms can't bring myself to type the word yet.

Btw, it's NOT the C word, thank the gods.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    LW am sending some relaxing vibes and a virtual hug from my spa break xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing