Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rozeepozee
    • By rozeepozee 8th Jul 18, 7:34 PM
    • 1,969Posts
    • 16,696Thanks
    rozeepozee
    0 WOW
    Ferry/Train from Fishguard to Belfast
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:34 PM
    0 WOW
    Ferry/Train from Fishguard to Belfast 8th Jul 18 at 7:34 PM
    My mother in law has moved to Belfast and will be travelling regularly to see us in Fishguard, West Wales. She will be taking our kids at times, three under 15 year olds.

The journey seems to be a nightmare to plan and to make savings on. None of the normal train search engines seem to work. Do any seasoned travelers have advice for travelling through Southern Ireland to Northern Ireland from West Wales?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 8th Jul 18, 9:43 PM
    • 8,294 Posts
    • 9,217 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    • 8th Jul 18, 9:43 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 9:43 PM
    SailRail fares may not be offered online by train operators, but can be bought from stations (or online from Trainline.com, usual disclaimers apply)

http://www.brfares.com/#!fares?orig=BFC&dest=FGH
    https://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferries-to-ireland/rail-sail
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 8th Jul 18, 10:24 PM
    • 38,743 Posts
    • 35,522 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 8th Jul 18, 10:24 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 10:24 PM
    I'd probably split it into its main components and plan it with a spreadsheet ...

I find the Rome2Rio website quite helpful for suggesting all the options!
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 2 hats 2 balaclavas for seamen, 1 balaclava for myself ...
    Current projects: Poppies, mohair cardigan pattern arrived and going strong!
    • dogmaryxx
    • By dogmaryxx 13th Jul 18, 3:52 PM
    • 2,114 Posts
    • 2,543 Thanks
    dogmaryxx
    • 13th Jul 18, 3:52 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 3:52 PM
    Why not

Drive them to Cardiff airport 40

Return flight to Belfast 66 x 3 198

Collect from Cardiff airport 40

Total cost 278 Price per person 92.66

Flybe passengers can carry one standard cabin bag measuring no more than 55 x 35 x 20cm including wheels and handles. You can also take a smaller under seat item such as a laptop or a handbag. Both items must weigh no more than 10kg combined.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

1,283Users online

Martin's Twitter