Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GTG
    • By GTG 8th Jul 18, 1:19 PM
    • 438Posts
    • 60Thanks
    GTG
    Where has Megashopbot Gone?
    • 8th Jul 18, 1:19 PM
    Where has Megashopbot Gone? 8th Jul 18 at 1:19 PM
    My bookmark for MSB now takes me here?

If I don't get an answer shortly I'll have to book into rehab!
Page 1
    • timboon
    • By timboon 8th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    timboon
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    rehab !!!55358;!!!56611;

I've been trying to find it myself today but to no avail.

Searching key words via Google Shopping has been very effective for finding low low prices for my intended purchases.

Hope the withdrawals subside !!!55357;!!!56842;
    • GTG
    • By GTG 8th Jul 18, 7:43 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    GTG
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:43 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:43 PM
    Things are getting critical now, cold turkey is setting and the boiler (the Mrs) is biting on the credit cards (fingernails are down to the stumps)!
    • timboon
    • By timboon 8th Jul 18, 7:49 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    timboon
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:49 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:49 PM
    Deep breaths.

Take a seat.

Some bad news (wince):

A little research in the forums has led me to a post stating that the Megashopbot is no more!

You gonna be ok?

• GTG
    • By GTG 8th Jul 18, 8:31 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    GTG
    • 8th Jul 18, 8:31 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 8:31 PM
    Things are getting serious, there must be some mistake!

There has got to be a simple explanation from MSE and a reinstatement. I'm expecting a revolution if not!! Please provide a link to your post timboon.
    • timboon
    • By timboon 9th Jul 18, 1:11 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    timboon
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:11 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:11 AM
    Not letting me post a link.

Google search this:

MSE Megashopbot.com website: Discuss the MegaShopbot

And read top post if you dare!!
    • GTG
    • By GTG 9th Jul 18, 9:35 AM
    • 438 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    GTG
    • 9th Jul 18, 9:35 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 9:35 AM
    Thanks, Timboon, unfortunately, Markiev's post on 22.6.18 appears to sum up the direction MSE are heading in! I hope I am wrong.
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 9th Jul 18, 11:29 AM
    • 654 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:29 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 11:29 AM
    Hi all

You might find my post today on this which explains the closure of the tool in more detail helpful.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2119569&page=3#51
    • howhud
    • By howhud 5th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    howhud
    • 5th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    I too am really sorry to see megashopbot go. For finding books and CDs at the cheapest price it was way better than google which you could also go on! Really miss it and long to see it return.
    • EmptyNestAgain
    • By EmptyNestAgain 10th Aug 18, 11:15 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EmptyNestAgain
    I'm really upset!It would have been nice for a bit of info. My bookmark just led to the wrong place.....no info at all. Such a shame. It was really useful.
    • Skools_Out
    • By Skools_Out 11th Aug 18, 11:10 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    Skools_Out
    I too am really sorry to see megashopbot go. For finding books and CDs at the cheapest price it was way better than google which you could also go on! Really miss it and long to see it return.
    Originally posted by howhud
    Welcome to the MSE forum.

Apologies on behalf of MSE for any dissappointment caused by the clsoure of the megashopbot.

Sorry you could not hang around any longer after making your post. We value all members posts, and look forward to you posting again
    • Skools_Out
    • By Skools_Out 11th Aug 18, 11:14 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    Skools_Out
    I'm really upset!It would have been nice for a bit of info. My bookmark just led to the wrong place.....no info at all. Such a shame. It was really useful.
    Originally posted by EmptyNestAgain
    Apologies on behalf of MSE for any upset caused by the closure of the megashopbot.

Still, on the bright side, it has encouraged you to make your very first post on the MSE forum after almost 4 years of joining.

Now you have made your first post, I'm sure we all look forward to your future posts on this forum. We value all posts by MSE users, and we need such posts to help keep this forum alive.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

2,041Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin