Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HappyUser
    • By HappyUser 8th Jul 18, 1:07 PM
    • 46Posts
    • 0Thanks
    HappyUser
    Where can I see which Tesco account is joint?
    • 8th Jul 18, 1:07 PM
    Where can I see which Tesco account is joint? 8th Jul 18 at 1:07 PM
    Hello,
    I have online banking and mobile app with Tesco, however I cannot see where it says the name of the account holder and if it is joint or not.
    Any idea?
    thanks!
Page 1
    • Vortigern
    • By Vortigern 8th Jul 18, 1:14 PM
    • 2,484 Posts
    • 1,673 Thanks
    Vortigern
    • 8th Jul 18, 1:14 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 1:14 PM
    Log on as yourself. List the account numbers.

Ask your partner to log on. List the account numbers.

Compare the lists. Any account on both lists is joint.

To avoid future confusion you can rename the accounts as my/mine, or joint.
    Last edited by Vortigern; 08-07-2018 at 1:16 PM.
    • HappyUser
    • By HappyUser 8th Jul 18, 2:39 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HappyUser
    • 8th Jul 18, 2:39 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 2:39 PM
    Unfortunately he doesn't have internet banking.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 8th Jul 18, 3:07 PM
    • 3,342 Posts
    • 19,263 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 8th Jul 18, 3:07 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 3:07 PM
    Give Tesco a call?

• Pun
    • By Pun 8th Jul 18, 3:10 PM
    • 681 Posts
    • 566 Thanks
    Pun
    • 8th Jul 18, 3:10 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 3:10 PM
    Why don't you and your 'partner' know? You opened the account! Remember you are jointly and severally liable for any payments/costs on the account. I'd get yourself a more reliable partner.
    • HappyUser
    • By HappyUser 8th Jul 18, 4:47 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HappyUser
    • 8th Jul 18, 4:47 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 4:47 PM
    Why don't you and your 'partner' know? You opened the account! Remember you are jointly and severally liable for any payments/costs on the account. I'd get yourself a more reliable partner.
    Originally posted by Pun

I never said he is my 'partner'. Are you asking me to get myself a more reliable parent?
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 8th Jul 18, 4:55 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 871 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 8th Jul 18, 4:55 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 4:55 PM
    I never said he is my 'partner'. Are you asking me to get myself a more reliable parent?
    Originally posted by HappyUser
    See posts 2 and 3 above - you're the one who responded to the remark about your partner with 'he doesn't have internet banking'. Not the same thing at all as 'I don't have a partner'.

Why would any account be a joint account if you don't have a partner - who would you have opened it with otherwise, given the risks of a joint account?
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 8th Jul 18, 6:40 PM
    • 38,727 Posts
    • 35,514 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 8th Jul 18, 6:40 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 6:40 PM
    Do they have a secure message function?

Do you each have debit cards, you for both accounts and the other person for one? Compare cards.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 2 hats 2 balaclavas for seamen, 1 balaclava for myself ...
    Current projects: Poppies, mohair cardigan pattern arrived and going strong!
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 8th Jul 18, 7:02 PM
    • 1,299 Posts
    • 1,113 Thanks
    TheShape
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:02 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:02 PM
    See posts 2 and 3 above - you're the one who responded to the remark about your partner with 'he doesn't have internet banking'. Not the same thing at all as 'I don't have a partner'.

Why would any account be a joint account if you don't have a partner - who would you have opened it with otherwise, given the risks of a joint account?
    Originally posted by Brynsam
    I expect it's not uncommon for someone to have a joint account with a parent. My father had at least one joint account with his father.
    • HappyUser
    • By HappyUser 8th Jul 18, 7:46 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HappyUser
    Do they have a secure message function?
    Originally posted by Savvy_Sue

Unfortunately no and I dread to have to call them and waste all that time for a simple question, that's why I asked here. I have a cold atm and won't be calling them soon either.
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 8th Jul 18, 9:50 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 14,963 Thanks
    Westie983
    Here is the number to call when your cold has gone.

Local rate number so wont cost you that much, out of your scheduled minutes if using a mobile.

0345 835 3353
    (bank account customer services)

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2018 #10 Total (25,000)+11,000/12,000 = 91.66%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 11 #97 Total (410) + 40/500 = 8.00% ( x 11)
    Xmas 2018 1 a Day #2 Total 62.59/365 = 17.14%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total 1000/1000 = 100.00%
    2 Savers Club 2018 #16 Total (1500)+-480/2000 = 51.00%

Total 13,122.59/15,865 = 82.71%

I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 8th Jul 18, 9:53 PM
    • 1,368 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    Carrot007
    Unfortunately no and I dread to have to call them and waste all that time for a simple question, that's why I asked here. I have a cold atm and won't be calling them soon either.

Then sign him up for internet banking.

Or cut off your foot. Who knows it might help.
    • Marcon
    • By Marcon 9th Jul 18, 1:14 AM
    • 341 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    Marcon
    So people here are supposed to be able to guess if you have a joint account and if so with whom....don't you know? If it is indeed with one of your parents, ask them.
    • Vortigern
    • By Vortigern 9th Jul 18, 1:24 AM
    • 2,484 Posts
    • 1,673 Thanks
    Vortigern
    So you'd prefer to waste our time?

What did your last servant die of?

Crawl out of your sick bed and try this:
    • Log on to online banking
    • Navigate to "Manage Your Account"
    • Then to "Your Document Store"
    • Then "View Your Statements"

Is there one name on the statement, or two?
    • Reed_Richards
    • By Reed_Richards 9th Jul 18, 6:57 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Reed_Richards
    Harsh! I was frustrated by the same problem with another bank recently although I only had to wait until my co-account holder got home to follow Vortigem's first method. I did not think of the "view your statements" idea. But I do remember feeling quite annoyed that the bank did not make it obvious whether an account was joint or not.
    Reed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

152Posts Today

1,464Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin