Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • anon_private
    • By anon_private 8th Jul 18, 11:22 AM
    • 166Posts
    • 8Thanks
    anon_private
    Electricity and Plumbing Surveys
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:22 AM
    Electricity and Plumbing Surveys 8th Jul 18 at 11:22 AM
    Hello,
    Regarding a flat, I have received a report from the surveyor where the results are essentially good, with a few minor points.

I am thinking of asking someone (registered) to conduct an electrical and plumbing survey (no gas in flat); although the flat is only nine-years old, I think that this is a good idea. Do you agree?

Regards
    Last edited by anon_private; 08-07-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 8th Jul 18, 11:26 AM
    • 44,745 Posts
    • 53,252 Thanks
    G_M
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:26 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:26 AM
    Without knowing the property it's impossible to really be sure, but my immediate instinct is - no.

There again, it all depends what kind of person you are and what your attitude to risk is.
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 8th Jul 18, 11:28 AM
    • 1,555 Posts
    • 858 Thanks
    nic_c
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:28 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:28 AM
    What are you expecting from the survey, do you have a worry if it's only 9 years old? How do you want to use the results?

If you think its a good idea, why are you wanting opinions on here? You will get some who agree and some who disagree. Its your money, and if you feel it would be of benefit then why do you want other opinion? If people of here mainly disagree, would you change your mind and how will that effect your confidence over the sale (I'm assuming you are buying)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,294Posts Today

6,240Users online

Martin's Twitter