Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kerpearce01
    • By Kerpearce01 8th Jul 18, 10:12 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kerpearce01
    Buyers remortgages lies!
    • 8th Jul 18, 10:12 AM
    Buyers remortgages lies! 8th Jul 18 at 10:12 AM
    Help just looking for advice or anyone who has been in this position?

We sold our home to what we thought were first time buyers 8 weeks ago. We are emigrating to new Zealand and reduced the house a lot foe a quick sale to first time buyers.

Well turns out they after 5 weeks in they need to remortgage a flat they own to buy our house. Gave them the benefit of the doubt and left them to sort it. Kept being told the offer was on its way and this was 2 weeks ago. Our buyers then went on holiday!!!!

The offer on our house was issued but the remortgage offer... Still nothing! We found out Friday that the valuation they had done on there flat was down valued and had to use another lender... So the valuation is being done Monday now! We were meant to have exchanged 2 weeks ago!!!!

I am now confused as to how they would have got the mortgage on our property and official offer if they are using the remortgage to finance it and that hasn't been agreed????

Their mortgage broker told us they couldn't do that valuation last week as our buyers are away... Yet they are back Tuesday and the valuation is being done Monday!!!!

Feel like we ar3 being lied to and not sure how long 4o give them if we are so close???

We have sold all our furniture for our move... My husband had left his job... All hanging on this now and not sure whether to just cut our loses now!
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Jul 18, 11:13 AM
    • 18,573 Posts
    • 19,836 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:13 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:13 AM
    If you have doubts about them, then remarket.

They can always come back if they get sorted.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 8th Jul 18, 11:16 AM
    • 45,319 Posts
    • 54,317 Thanks
    G_M
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:16 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:16 AM
    Stuff happens. You can never really know what a buyer (or for that matter a seller) is really doing.

If too much time is passing, go back to the market.

Otherwise just be patient, politely ask questions, and assess the answers with a healthy pinch of salt.
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 8th Jul 18, 11:52 AM
    • 16,583 Posts
    • 45,775 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:52 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:52 AM
    In that position - my house would be being re-marketed/indeed I'd have probably already done so.

They would be told "Your low offer was accepted on the basis of you said you are ftb. I have re-marketed it - and you have just put yourself in a contract race situation and btw you'd better offer me more now in order to be in that race - because I only accepted such a low offer from you because you said you are ftb. So - if you still want it - lay another x thousand on the table and up your offer and "race" with anyone else that comes along wanting to buy it now".
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 8th Jul 18, 4:25 PM
    • 4,856 Posts
    • 7,217 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    • 8th Jul 18, 4:25 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 4:25 PM
    I think I would remarket because you can't trust anything they say now.
    • lookstraightahead
    • By lookstraightahead 8th Jul 18, 4:35 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    lookstraightahead
    • 8th Jul 18, 4:35 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 4:35 PM
    No one is obliged to buy or sell unfortunately. I remember a seller pulling out once as he had just changed his mind and the who chain broke.

Look after your own interests and re-market. There's not much else you can do.
    • lookstraightahead
    • By lookstraightahead 8th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    lookstraightahead
    • 8th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    In that position - my house would be being re-marketed/indeed I'd have probably already done so.

They would be told "Your low offer was accepted on the basis of you said you are ftb. I have re-marketed it - and you have just put yourself in a contract race situation and btw you'd better offer me more now in order to be in that race - because I only accepted such a low offer from you because you said you are ftb. So - if you still want it - lay another x thousand on the table and up your offer and "race" with anyone else that comes along wanting to buy it now".
    Originally posted by moneyistooshorttomention
    As a buyer I would just walk away after that
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

1,236Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin