Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dhokes
    • By dhokes 8th Jul 18, 8:32 AM
    • 173Posts
    • 17Thanks
    dhokes
    Leather sofa recommendations
    • 8th Jul 18, 8:32 AM
    Leather sofa recommendations 8th Jul 18 at 8:32 AM
    I'm in the East Midlands and I'm looking to purchase a contemporary leather (semi-aniline) sofa and I'm looking for suggestions on how to decide what to get as they tend to look pretty similar.

I've got one from Next, Ikea, John Lewis and sofa.com on my shortlist. The Next one I've physically viewed. Seems pretty solid - too much wood inside/too solid? :s The Stockholm from Ikea and Bailey from John Lewis relies on a planned weekend trip soon. Also need to hope sofa.com have the model I'm considering in their Nottingham pop up. They also haven't replied to my question as to whether their leather is aniline or semi-aniline!

To those that have a leather sofa, where did you purchase it from? Would you recommend the sofa/the retailer?
Page 1
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 8th Jul 18, 9:20 AM
    • 15,972 Posts
    • 21,940 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 8th Jul 18, 9:20 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 9:20 AM
    I bought one from M&S 11 years ago.

It still looks fantastic, no sagging etc...
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • beedeedee
    • By beedeedee 8th Jul 18, 11:16 AM
    • 953 Posts
    • 1,271 Thanks
    beedeedee
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:16 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 11:16 AM
    I went to Downtown Superstore on the A1 near Grantham. Fantastic range of leather sofas.
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 8th Jul 18, 7:36 PM
    • 1,288 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    redmalc
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:36 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:36 PM
    To. leather suites from Belgium are good quality, but expensive
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 8th Jul 18, 7:38 PM
    • 1,288 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    redmalc
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:38 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 7:38 PM
    Rom Leather suites from Belgium are very good quality, but expensive
    • lg13mza
    • By lg13mza 9th Jul 18, 1:14 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    lg13mza
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:14 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 1:14 PM
    I would avoid all the national chains and stick with a local independent.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

23Posts Today

3,647Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin