Back to try again..

Comments

• DMP_Tiger
    DMP_Tiger Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Robin09 wrote: »

twins due in Autumn too! .

Hi Robin

I read this on one of your earlier posts. Wow! Are you 7 months pregnant with twins in this heat??????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Thankfully not! Sorry I must have phrased that wrong. It is SiL expecting twins. Will take us up to 36 nieces and nephews. We have a big family! My pregnancies were pretty bad, one of the reasons there is such a big age gap between our two so to go through it in this heat must be something else altogether :eek:
    SPC 076
  • DMP_Tiger
    First Anniversary
    No I just read it again and your wording was fine. It was me reading it wrong :rotfl:

I know it's expensive but you are very lucky to have a big family. My kids never had any cousins to play with and we always felt that they were missing out.

We have a 9 year gap between our middle and youngest children. This was because my wife wanted 3 children and I only wanted 2, after several years of disagreeing over it, she got her way in the end!! I don't even know, why I bothered, women always win in the end......I wouldn't change a thing though!!
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
  • Robin09
    I try to get my own way too, doesn't always works but I try my best :rotfl: although we both agree on not having anymore children. We are very lucky to have a big family nearby.
    We have a gap of 8 1/2 years. DS was born when we was very young so we waited until we were older and wiser, still waiting for the latter.

On to today.. A long hot morning at work. Got home just in time for DS to surface as he was off out with his friends, so made him a packed lunch to take. DD spent time after school writing a card and drawing a picture for her teacher. Got DS's Scout blanket out tonight as haven't done any in a few weeks. Have done over 60 so far and not even half way through, was rather hot sat with a blanket on me so gave up after a couple :cool:

Had another NSD so managed to save £10 from last weeks weekly money, have put this in a separate purse for an activity in the summer holidays. Weekly money has been reset again today.
    SPC 076
  • DMP_Tiger
    First Anniversary
    Women do normally get their own way, husbands put up a futile fight but deep down we know who's the boss :rotfl:

Well done on the NSD and having money left over!

Currently sat at work with the fan on full blast, drinking cold water. We need air-conditioning....

My eldest was born in September so my wife was heavily pregnant through a hot summer. She doesn't cope well with the heat anyway so being pregnant was a bit of a struggle!
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Robin!

Hope you are Keelung well and enjoying the holidays!

We are 1 week in and really pleased with how it's going! We had a Free day out at the beach! Picnic - buckets and spades out and kids playing in the sea. So glad we had the weather for it!

We have ate at home and used our shopping up well. I did a shop last Saturday and was £70 in total for the week - got another bread and milk yesterday and still have loads left too. I was always budgeting £50 a week so not too bad.

The weekly money is working out great - DH wants to keep his money the same which is fine but I've split all the other money up to weekly and it's going well. I've also opened up a savings account to put some money for yearly bills in to - we had not been budgeting for those and just having a huge bill thrown at us which wasn't working at all.

I've cashed in some culbcard points (when Martin advised the the 4x would be ending) and got some fairground tokens worth £70 so that should do us a couple of days out too.

I'm trying to do as many free things we can or as many low cost as possible. The local soft play had 2 kids play for £10 but we will save that for a rainy day if we can.

We have been looking at the cinema but it's so expensive! Nearly £30 for tickets for 4 of us! We always bring our own sweets etc but I'm hoping to get it a bit cheaper! The meeekat movies code brings it down but not sure how I can get 2 to use? Will ask any friends if they have a spare and see if it brings the cost down!

Hoping your budget is going well this month! It's a hard time with kids to entertain and school uniform to buy too!

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • Robin09
    Good evening,

DMP_Tiger, it has been much too hot hasn't it! We do not have air con at work either and it has been grim and sweaty there this week :o I do not cope with the heat well either, has made me feel ill on occasions this week. Forecast rain all weekend, already a lot cooler this evening.

Holidays are just beginning for us Tink_04. DS broke up Wednesday but DD not until today. Up until bedtime she went between sheer joy of it being the holidays or sobbing because she will miss her teachers and friends who are leaving! The life and drama of a 5 year old.
    Glad you have had a good week already having days out and getting the clubcard tickets, wish I had thought of that. Ouch to the cinema! We have an independent cinema locally that is just £3.50 each and do the cheapest of snacks we always buy there. Happy that the weekly budgeting is working well for you. That's impressive on the food shop, I am thinking I may need to budget a little extra in for the holidays.

Have a lovely evening both x
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    So... Today, I went with my sister to a local(ish) town. We 'just went to have a look' and I spent nearly £70 :eek: I am sort of glad we do not have any of these bargain stores close by as I don't think we would ever have any money!

£45+ was on school supplies. My children's favourite shop have just opened a branch in the town and had a sale so got a school bag, drink bottles. Also picked up new school hair accessories for DD, lunch box, stationery etc. £10 was on birthday gift/cards. And the rest was spent in Ald1 and the charity shops. I actually quite liked Ald1, only got a few bits but I still wouldn't travel that far as don't feel it is worth it. Charity shop bits were reading books and learning games for DD, thought it would be good to have some new ones for the holidays.

I haven't spent that much in one go in a while and felt a little guilty but have sorted the saving pots out and I do not feel I bought anything that wasn't needed - well maybe the biscuits in Ald1 :rotfl: Going to try and have NSDs until payday on Tuesday.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Such a refreshing breeze here today, with spells of torrential rain and thunder. Saved me having to go out and water the veg patch today. Airer back in the dining room though with a load of washing to dry.

This morning me and DD went for a nice 3 mile walk around the trail at the local Nature Reserve. Took coffee, squash and snacks with us and just took our time. We found a cave that we haven't spotted before and DD was having a great time wondering what might be in there. DS was going to come but apparently 10.30 was just too early for him today :rotfl:

Just a nice chilled day to start off the holidays and not a penny spent so even better.
    SPC 076
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Well it rained and rained for us! Had thunder and lightning and the garden was well and truly watered! Got the weeks shopping in £39 in Aldi - £8 in icel@nd and £5 in FF so think that is ya sorted for next week!

Had a big bag of peppers to use up so added some onions and grate carrots with tinned tomatoes and herbs and made a huge batch of pasta sauce! Can use in Lasagne or on pizza toppings too! Really working hard on the no waste things!

Your cinema sounds great - we have 3 near us but are all big name ones and cost a fortune - going to maybe make slime with the kids tomorrow if the weather is still wet!

Tink
    Living the simple life
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport