Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • A Flock Of Sheep
    • By A Flock Of Sheep 7th Jul 18, 7:41 PM
    • 5,010Posts
    • 6,497Thanks
    A Flock Of Sheep
    Anyone fed up with the heatwave?
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:41 PM
    Anyone fed up with the heatwave? 7th Jul 18 at 7:41 PM
    As above!

I am now sick to death of the hot sticky oppressive weather that shows no sign of stopping.

I have barely done any housework due to being a sweaty over heated mess. Working is difficult. Go outside and I burn to a crisp in minutes even with sun cream.

Roll on the rain I really miss you as does my garden.
Page 7
    • cepheus
    • By cepheus 9th Jul 18, 8:43 PM
    • 19,128 Posts
    • 20,092 Thanks
    cepheus
    Here comes the cool, by tomorrow it will be liveable
    Fascism doesn't arrive in fancy dress worn by grotesques and monsters as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis. Fascism arrives as your friend, restore honour, make you proud, protect & clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you: Michael Rosen
    • tizerbelle
    • By tizerbelle 9th Jul 18, 9:21 PM
    • 1,488 Posts
    • 3,219 Thanks
    tizerbelle
    Very much praying for a few days of steady rain and cooler weather. Round here we need the rain to thoroughly douse the peat that is still burning/smouldering under the moors so the fire service can get back to normal duties instead of working ludicrous hours in terrible and dangerous conditions due to some prannock who thought it would be a good idea to play with matches on a tinder dry moor
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 9th Jul 18, 10:46 PM
    • 11,176 Posts
    • 29,864 Thanks
    suki1964
    Im loving it

Even though have to get up at 4 am to be in work for 5 am so we can beat the heat

we don't get to see this type of weather very often so Im enjoying it while it lasts. Don't get me wrong, its sometimes too hot to do anything but then why bother doing anything. Theres enough wet rainy days ahead of us to catch up on chores
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • MrTricky
    • By MrTricky 9th Jul 18, 11:16 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    MrTricky
    I hate it.

It is hot and sticky.

I don't like the weather much either.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 10th Jul 18, 12:05 AM
    • 27,982 Posts
    • 15,256 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I saw a discussion on tv About this. A caller started going on how they loved it because they like sunshine. So i guess they could have done with a clarification. Its not the sunshine thats the issue, its the heat.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Jul 18, 11:23 AM
    • 10,203 Posts
    • 18,152 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I'm not fed up any more.
    It's decidedly cooler (even chilly by comparison)
    Can we have it back, please?
    Cur Sleazy, Faffer of Ntre Forum
    Lurker, Rattler Of Cages, Puller Of Both Legs And Chains
    Certified Member Of The Clique Of Idiots
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 10th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    • 379 Posts
    • 809 Thanks
    Zinco
    The heatwave was a good act, but it's gone on too long.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 10th Jul 18, 11:57 AM
    • 7,873 Posts
    • 23,431 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    It's all of four degrees cooler today & that's still hotter than I'm comfortable with.
    It's not that I'm fed up with the heat (it's rather nice having line dried bed linen & bathtowels) but it's the unremittingness that's getting to me. I can only bathe so many times in the day, the car & the office are mercilessly hot (but legislation only kicks in if its too cold or you work by a forge) and the whole family is in a state of heat induced slump when I get back.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 10th Jul 18, 12:04 PM
    • 14,376 Posts
    • 19,209 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I wish it would warm up a bit. Quite a few clouds up here in the frozen North (Sheffield).
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • ameliarate
    • By ameliarate 10th Jul 18, 12:47 PM
    • 6,731 Posts
    • 14,415 Thanks
    ameliarate
    couple of cool and cloudy days here in York - bring back the sunshine. For the most part it hasn't been muggy - wonderful
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 10th Jul 18, 3:39 PM
    • 10,694 Posts
    • 23,800 Thanks
    Tarry
    Been a lot cooler the last two days here..thankfully.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 10th Jul 18, 6:20 PM
    • 14,199 Posts
    • 55,243 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Cooler today by about 5, got me fence fixed
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • Lincoln Imp
    • By Lincoln Imp 11th Jul 18, 8:30 AM
    • 2,391 Posts
    • 4,150 Thanks
    Lincoln Imp
    Nope love it ,used to hate it being hot when i was at work on afternoon shift but now retired i am loving it
    Have a nice day
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,226Posts Today

7,971Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • What does resilience mean to you? For me it?s understanding my own limitations, physically and mentally? What about? https://t.co/CuuRLoQFTr

• Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• Follow Martin