Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • A Flock Of Sheep
    • By A Flock Of Sheep 7th Jul 18, 7:41 PM
    • 5,010Posts
    • 6,500Thanks
    A Flock Of Sheep
    Anyone fed up with the heatwave?
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:41 PM
    Anyone fed up with the heatwave? 7th Jul 18 at 7:41 PM
    As above!

I am now sick to death of the hot sticky oppressive weather that shows no sign of stopping.

I have barely done any housework due to being a sweaty over heated mess. Working is difficult. Go outside and I burn to a crisp in minutes even with sun cream.

Roll on the rain I really miss you as does my garden.
Page 7
    • tizerbelle
    • By tizerbelle 9th Jul 18, 9:21 PM
    • 1,510 Posts
    • 3,264 Thanks
    tizerbelle
    Very much praying for a few days of steady rain and cooler weather. Round here we need the rain to thoroughly douse the peat that is still burning/smouldering under the moors so the fire service can get back to normal duties instead of working ludicrous hours in terrible and dangerous conditions due to some prannock who thought it would be a good idea to play with matches on a tinder dry moor
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 9th Jul 18, 10:46 PM
    • 11,293 Posts
    • 30,210 Thanks
    suki1964
    Im loving it

Even though have to get up at 4 am to be in work for 5 am so we can beat the heat

we don't get to see this type of weather very often so Im enjoying it while it lasts. Don't get me wrong, its sometimes too hot to do anything but then why bother doing anything. Theres enough wet rainy days ahead of us to catch up on chores
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • MrTricky
    • By MrTricky 9th Jul 18, 11:16 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    MrTricky
    I hate it.

It is hot and sticky.

I don't like the weather much either.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 10th Jul 18, 12:05 AM
    • 28,107 Posts
    • 15,346 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I saw a discussion on tv About this. A caller started going on how they loved it because they like sunshine. So i guess they could have done with a clarification. Its not the sunshine thats the issue, its the heat.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Jul 18, 11:23 AM
    • 11,710 Posts
    • 21,499 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I'm not fed up any more.
    It's decidedly cooler (even chilly by comparison)
    Can we have it back, please?
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 10th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    • 473 Posts
    • 998 Thanks
    Zinco
    The heatwave was a good act, but it's gone on too long.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 10th Jul 18, 11:57 AM
    • 8,075 Posts
    • 24,681 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    It's all of four degrees cooler today & that's still hotter than I'm comfortable with.
    It's not that I'm fed up with the heat (it's rather nice having line dried bed linen & bathtowels) but it's the unremittingness that's getting to me. I can only bathe so many times in the day, the car & the office are mercilessly hot (but legislation only kicks in if its too cold or you work by a forge) and the whole family is in a state of heat induced slump when I get back.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 10th Jul 18, 12:04 PM
    • 14,804 Posts
    • 20,058 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I wish it would warm up a bit. Quite a few clouds up here in the frozen North (Sheffield).
    “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • ameliarate
    • By ameliarate 10th Jul 18, 12:47 PM
    • 6,737 Posts
    • 14,424 Thanks
    ameliarate
    couple of cool and cloudy days here in York - bring back the sunshine. For the most part it hasn't been muggy - wonderful
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 10th Jul 18, 3:39 PM
    • 10,716 Posts
    • 23,834 Thanks
    Tarry
    Been a lot cooler the last two days here..thankfully.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 10th Jul 18, 6:20 PM
    • 14,397 Posts
    • 55,990 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Cooler today by about 5°, got me fence fixed
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • Lincoln Imp
    • By Lincoln Imp 11th Jul 18, 8:30 AM
    • 2,400 Posts
    • 4,164 Thanks
    Lincoln Imp
    Nope love it ,used to hate it being hot when i was at work on afternoon shift but now retired i am loving it
    Have a nice day
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 22nd Jul 18, 10:56 PM
    • 2,903 Posts
    • 5,685 Thanks
    Spidernick
    Well I'm finally beginning to hear people make comparisons with the famous summer of 1976. Has anyone else heard this?

Tonight it is way too hot again, so hopefully I will be able to get to sleep without too much difficulty!
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
    • AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 23rd Jul 18, 6:34 AM
    • 14,144 Posts
    • 60,800 Thanks
    AlfieBlue
    Anyone fed up with the heatwave?
    As above!
    Originally posted by A Flock Of Sheep

It's a YES from me.

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    WASPI

Princess Alpha & Chief Faffer of the Alpha-betty thread
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 23rd Jul 18, 6:42 AM
    • 947 Posts
    • 1,497 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Well if you didn't like it much so far.....this weeks going to be even worse (for the SE corner of the UK).

I love the sunshine, but getting a little bit tired of the dry, humid side of it. Some rain overnight to clear the air would be perfect.
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 23rd Jul 18, 7:08 AM
    • 7,859 Posts
    • 14,140 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I see people wearing woolie hats, thick jumpers moaning they are hot. I don't have the heart to say "Take your hat and jumper off". Not all of them are elderly.

I'm fine with the weather. Though, got an eye procedure done in two weeks time. Don't want brilliant blue skies during my recovery as the procedure makes my vision ultra light sensitive for a week or so. Need sunglasses on, in a darkish room.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 23rd Jul 18, 7:20 AM
    • 14,804 Posts
    • 20,058 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I have seen at least two yoofs wearing black quilted jackets with the hoods up. Not in the evening either, in the middle of the day in bright sunshine with the thermometer hovering around 30.
    “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • colinw
    • By colinw 23rd Jul 18, 8:21 AM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,974 Thanks
    colinw
    Not in the North as we are getting more sensible temperatures of up to 23 and once the rain is back we will get sick of that quick enough
    • bugslet
    • By bugslet 23rd Jul 18, 9:45 AM
    • 6,338 Posts
    • 30,199 Thanks
    bugslet
    Not in the North as we are getting more sensible temperatures of up to 23 and once the rain is back we will get sick of that quick enough
    Originally posted by colinw
    I won't - I can keep dry in wet weather, I just can't get cool in hot weather!
    • Tallaght
    • By Tallaght 23rd Jul 18, 11:52 AM
    • 652 Posts
    • 527 Thanks
    Tallaght
    I saw a guy today wearing a shirt,cardigan and jacket with a wooly hat.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,683Posts Today

7,798Users online

Martin's Twitter