Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • A Flock Of Sheep
    • By A Flock Of Sheep 7th Jul 18, 7:41 PM
    • 5,011Posts
    • 6,504Thanks
    A Flock Of Sheep
    Anyone fed up with the heatwave?
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:41 PM
    Anyone fed up with the heatwave? 7th Jul 18 at 7:41 PM
    As above!

I am now sick to death of the hot sticky oppressive weather that shows no sign of stopping.

I have barely done any housework due to being a sweaty over heated mess. Working is difficult. Go outside and I burn to a crisp in minutes even with sun cream.

Roll on the rain I really miss you as does my garden.
Page 10
    • cepheus
    • By cepheus 5th Aug 18, 12:42 PM
    • 19,216 Posts
    • 20,337 Thanks
    cepheus
    Where do you live? I am on the south coast and have been downing Jack Daniel's tonight in the hope it will help knock me out when I go to bed. It is after ten at night, still baking and I am sweating like a pig (apologies for that image )!
    Originally posted by Spidernick
    The heat has been concentrated in the South East, although the coastal areas should be slightly less hot. The London area is usually the worst affected.

• colinw
    • By colinw 5th Aug 18, 4:04 PM
    • 54,254 Posts
    • 150,083 Thanks
    colinw
    It has not really been a heatwave as such up here in the North, just a nice summer with a max of about 24. It is probably the first time I have prepared to go on holiday with potentially cooler weather than here for a long time. I rarely used to wear shorts up here in the freezing North but have now worn them just about every day for over a Month
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 5th Aug 18, 7:03 PM
    • 28,289 Posts
    • 15,582 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    It has not really been a heatwave as such up here in the North, just a nice summer with a max of about 24. It is probably the first time I have prepared to go on holiday with potentially cooler weather than here for a long time. I rarely used to wear shorts up here in the freezing North but have now worn them just about every day for over a Month
    Originally posted by colinw
    It has in this part of the north and it has in the lakes. When the grass goes yellow its more than just a good summer.
    • cepheus
    • By cepheus 5th Aug 18, 7:57 PM
    • 19,216 Posts
    • 20,337 Thanks
    cepheus
    Relief will come to the South East of England on Wednesday of this Week, and average temperatures will prevail for the next 10 days at least
    • Bradenton
    • By Bradenton 5th Aug 18, 9:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Bradenton
    When this hot spell started back in May I thought it was quite nice because it made a change, now we are in August I am becoming weary of it, never seem to have any energy after a day at work. Evenings and weekends I am just recharging my batteries sitting in front of fans! I'm sure when the grey skies and cold come I'll be missing this weather though.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 6th Aug 18, 12:39 AM
    • 15,329 Posts
    • 21,216 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Still loving it. Dreading the grey skies of Autumn.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • cepheus
    • By cepheus 6th Aug 18, 7:43 AM
    • 19,216 Posts
    • 20,337 Thanks
    cepheus
    There was an amazing ground mist this morning out on the (marshy) health whilst walking the dog, the temperature got down to as low as 11.5 C a few hours ago, which is unusual. Most nights exceeded 15 C over the past few weeks. I've got the fan on beside the open window, trying to cool the house down with the cool morning air before shutting up again.
    • emmb
    • By emmb 6th Aug 18, 7:44 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    emmb
    Love it personally. Best summer for decades. :-)
    When the sun is out, generally attitudes are better, people happier and do more.
    Brits Are stereotyped as moaners about the weather constantly, too hot, too cold, too wet. Give it a rest...
    It will be cold, dark and wet soon enough, our winters are long.
    • amistupid
    • By amistupid 6th Aug 18, 10:18 AM
    • 52,579 Posts
    • 167,411 Thanks
    amistupid
    Anyone fed up with the heatwave?
    Originally posted by A Flock Of Sheep
    I suppose the neighbours must be sick to death of the sight of my semi-naked flabbiness .
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
    • fibonarchie
    • By fibonarchie 6th Aug 18, 12:33 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 1,559 Thanks
    fibonarchie
    Still loving it. Dreading the grey skies of Autumn.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    Funnily enough, autumn's my favourite time of year
    Much prefer it to hot summers and cold winters

Looking forward to the temp dropping to about 20-21 degrees

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/06/just-two-days-heatwave-left-normal-british-summer-returns-7802071/
    Signature Removed by Forum Team ..thanks to somebody reporting a witty and decades-old Kenny Everett quote as 'offensive'!!
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 6th Aug 18, 1:48 PM
    • 5,315 Posts
    • 17,859 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    There hasn't been a heatwave here, a bit of a dry spell maybe but certainly no heatwave.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 80.8
    Total so far - 3886.2
    • colinw
    • By colinw 6th Aug 18, 2:56 PM
    • 54,254 Posts
    • 150,083 Thanks
    colinw
    I suppose the neighbours must be sick to death of the sight of my semi-naked flabbiness .
    Originally posted by amistupid
    Are you still scaring the neighbours
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 6th Aug 18, 11:46 PM
    • 15,329 Posts
    • 21,216 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Funnily enough, autumn's my favourite time of year
    Much prefer it to hot summers and cold winters
    Originally posted by fibonarchie
    I hate autumn. I love roasting summers and freezing, snowy winters.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 7th Aug 18, 10:49 AM
    • 24,566 Posts
    • 51,822 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    I'm still loving it. I'm off to Madeira in a few days for a week. The forecast there is mid 20s. So it'll be just like being at home.
    • HighamKneeDee
    • By HighamKneeDee 7th Aug 18, 12:04 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 501 Thanks
    HighamKneeDee
    Are you me? Could not agree more.
    Audere est Facere
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Aug 18, 3:39 PM
    • 54,254 Posts
    • 150,083 Thanks
    colinw
    Are you me? Could not agree more.
    Originally posted by HighamKneeDee
    I love those miserable Autumn days you get with a bit mist in the air and all those rustling leaves on the ground
    • Timpu
    • By Timpu 7th Aug 18, 4:31 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    Timpu
    Ummm, love Autumn. Crisp clean morning air, beautiful colours and crunchy leaves. The days when you dare to leave the house without a coat for the thrill of it. You finally get to a full nights sleep as dawn is at a civilised hour.
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 7th Aug 18, 4:41 PM
    • 1,516 Posts
    • 2,753 Thanks
    Zinco
    I predict the heatwave is over for this year.

And an early long lasting Winter will begin.

Just don't hold me to it (i saw it the my coffee cup)
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 7th Aug 18, 7:42 PM
    • 2,988 Posts
    • 5,907 Thanks
    Spidernick
    We had some rain today, but now it is hot again!

By the way: there are usually no capital letters at the beginning of the seasons, so it's spring, summer, autumn and winter:

http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/capital_letters_spring_summer_autumn_winter_season s.htm
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
    • rainbowfairydust
    • By rainbowfairydust 7th Aug 18, 8:41 PM
    • 16,194 Posts
    • 46,700 Thanks
    rainbowfairydust
    i am not sick of the sunshine but id be glad of cooler nights - to start with i think we had constant heat for close to 6 weeks ( with a few spots of rain) - the grass everywhere was scorched and yellow looking, however in the last week or so the temperatures dropped and we had one good day where it rained ( tbh it was much needed ) for many hours ( and was glad of the change actually).

This last week the temperatures have soared again, and we are back to 28/29 degrees and warm nights () but meant to be much cooler again tomorrow onwards. Glad of the cooler nights but have really enjoyed the clear blue sky and sunshine. It was needed after last winter.
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra!
    Originally posted by Sleazy

Graduated ..now for masters
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

280Posts Today

1,557Users online

Martin's Twitter