Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kat1306
    • By kat1306 7th Jul 18, 6:26 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kat1306
    HELP parking charge notice.
    • 7th Jul 18, 6:26 PM
    HELP parking charge notice. 7th Jul 18 at 6:26 PM
    Please help getting pretty frustrated now. I received this parking charge for being on a vets car park on a sunday afternoon this only happened as i broke down and i tried appealing using one of the template letters i added that i only live round the corner etc and that if i hadnt have broken down i had no reason to be there. At the time of appeal i did not have any garage bills as we had trued to fix in the family but to no avail. anyway the appeal was turned down and i was told to make a complaint so this is what i did i thought i was complaining to a governing body not sure what you call them but this was actually the same company when ive then gone to appeal to ias they've said i cannot appeal as im out of time ive then been told i can use a non standard appeal but this will cost 15 pounds non refundable and that this can only be done if the people who issued agree. Im not sure how i even go about this now and the debt just keeps geting bigger. it started at 60 and is now at 160. I received a letter in the post from debt collector about taking me to court this was while i was awaiting back from complaints and im just not sure where to start now as i thought id done all that was necessary and it really was something that was unavoidable. My car was playing up and windscreen wipers stopped while was raining i could only see to my right to pull off the road before car stopped. Ive searched all over what to do next as im prepared to do whatever it takes as very unfair charge. thanks to anyone who can help.
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Jul 18, 6:37 PM
    • 4,745 Posts
    • 6,129 Thanks
    waamo
    • 7th Jul 18, 6:37 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 6:37 PM
    Some paragraphs would help. That's a heck of a block of text to read.

If you read the thread that tells Newbies to read it first you will see that debt collectors should be ignored.

This sounds like an IPC company. They are a complete kangaroo court when it comes to appeals. As your car was broken down you've had what is known as a frustration of contract. The contract to park is void due to circumstances beyond your control.

Which ppc is this?
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jul 18, 6:45 PM
    • 64,101 Posts
    • 76,694 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Jul 18, 6:45 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 6:45 PM
    Please help getting pretty frustrated now.

I received this parking charge for being on a vets car park on a sunday afternoon this only happened as I broke down. My car was playing up and windscreen wipers stopped while was raining i could only see to my right to pull off the road before car stopped.

At the time of appeal i did not have any garage bills as we had trued to fix in the family but to no avail. anyway the appeal was turned down and i was told to make a complaint so this is what i did i thought i was complaining to a governing body not sure what you call them but this was actually the same company

when ive then gone to appeal to ias they've said i cannot appeal as im out of time ive then been told i can use a non standard appeal but this will cost 15 pounds non refundable and that this can only be done if the people who issued agree.

Im not sure how i even go about this now and the debt just keeps geting bigger. it started at 60 and is now at 160.
    There is no debt. This is a scam but they may well try to sue you (defendable).

ive then been told i can use a non standard appeal but this will cost 15 pounds non refundable
    Thank God you came here first, the NEWBIES thread post #3 tells everyone NEVER NEVER NEVER to to the 'non-standard'; appeal to the IAS!

Jeez you had a lucky escape. Wise up!

... tried appealing using one of the template letters i added that i only live round the corner etc and that if i hadnt have broken down i had no reason to be there.
    You added words that told them who was driving?! Why? Did you not come to the forum but used one of the terrible, useless template letters the 'official' MSE article provides for people to ruin their chances v PPC scammers?

I received a letter in the post from debt collector about taking me to court
    Debt collectors can't take you to court...

Please read NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST. Post #4 is all about debt collector ignoring stage!

Post #2 of it is all about court stage, which is where these cases are won, at NO RISK, as long as you do not ignore court papers.

Which scumbag PPC? Don't ask what PPC stands for (post #5 of the NEWBIES thread).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 7th Jul 18, 7:47 PM
    • 3,289 Posts
    • 5,062 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:47 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:47 PM
    What did the vets say when you complained to them that their contractor was hassling you unreasonably?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 7th Jul 18, 8:44 PM
    • 9,352 Posts
    • 12,309 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 7th Jul 18, 8:44 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 8:44 PM
    i thought i was complaining to a governing body not sure what you call them but this was actually the same company

What you call the IPC is scammers invented by the
    highly incompetent Gladstones solicitors

You don't owe 160 and it cannot keep going up

60 is the face value so if went to court what would be added
    is a court fee and 50 solicitor costs.

You are being scammed by one of Gladstones/IPC scammers

And the 15 rubbish by the IPC is a scam within a scam.

Don't worry about the retards who call themselves
    debt collectors, USELESS POWERLESS BUNCH OF IDIOTS

Just read up on this
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74439905#post74439905
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Jul 18, 9:16 AM
    • 10,645 Posts
    • 10,485 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Jul 18, 9:16 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 9:16 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • kat1306
    • By kat1306 12th Jul 18, 4:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kat1306
    • 12th Jul 18, 4:58 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 4:58 PM
    Sorry didn't even realise how much had written and paragraphs etc were not even thought of.

I only replied to these as i had seen that you're not advised to ignore them anymore and i have appealed all over the place. Everywhere says in out of time.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jul 18, 6:31 PM
    • 37,946 Posts
    • 22,059 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:31 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:31 PM
    You need to get an understanding of the game you are now caught up in by reading up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum

Apart from getting the vet to cancel this you now ignore everything except court correspondence or a lbcca.

If it comes to this then come back at that time for advice on how to defend this
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,782Posts Today

8,773Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Gillsnatter: "The phrase I hate is: it's only money. Money is one of the biggest causes of divorce it's one of the biggest causes of me?

• RT @TrevorNeal: Thanks Martin! It didn?t go unnoticed. Good to meet you too. We?re more likely to Swing Our Pensions these days..! #MartinL?

• Big thanks to all who watched @itvMLshow LIVE last night - our most watched live ever, 3.2m of you, a whopping 16%? https://t.co/wqoqHG7VH5

• Follow Martin